Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Weird El wrote:

I spoke with UHJeff earlier this evening, and he told me he'll personally make sure that condolences sent to CPFoA will get to Al.

the address:
8033 Sunset Boulevard
PBM 4018
Los Angeles, CA 90046

I'm sure many, if not all of us, are planning to personally send our condolences to Al and Suzanne. Someone thought we should print and send a copy of our Tributes to Nick and Mary to Al. So I'm opening up the topic here.

Please don't post anything here that you don't want Al and Suzanne to see. This topic will be what we eventually print and send to them. If you already posted your tribute in the other topic, please copy and paste it over here if you want it to be included.

We don't need to send Al a dozen copies, so one person should do it. Anth, since it was your idea perhaps you should be the one to print it and send it when it's time?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Yes, I can do that. Here's my tribute:

I never know what to say when things like this occur. I'm so sorry that this happened. This was obviously a very sad event, and I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling right now. Whatever you decide to do, I'll support your decision. You and the family are in my prayers. Your parents were wonderful people, and we got to know them almost as well as we know you. It's plain to see where you got your talent, sense of humor, and kindness. Please make sure that Nina knows how wonderful her grandparents were.

Anth
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Al, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I feel as if I knew your parents, because you shared them with us through your tv specials and other projects. My deepest sympathies to you, Suzanne, and Nina at this difficult time.

Patti Brown

Algonac, MI
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Al, thanks for sharing your parents with us as much as they did with you. We'll miss them that much more because of it.

Take care,
Neil
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Al, I can't really speak to what wonderful people I'm sure your parents probably were, since I've never met them. However, from what I can tell they were truly remarkable people. It must have been hard for them, watching you throw away a promising architecture career to pursue a risky music career. The fact that they supported you and trusted your judgement shows what great parents they were.

It can be said that the value of a person can be determined by what they leave behind when they pass. What your parents left the world is you. While I don't know you personally, I have seen from your public persona what a wonderful, down-to-earth, caring person you are. Someone who has learned self-discipline, a hard-work ethic, and integrity. As a teacher, I know that a child is very much what their parents make them. You have all of those wonderful qualities because your parents taught you them.

I know that the next few days, weeks, months, and maybe years will be very difficult for you. But perhaps you can take some comfort in knowing that now, with Nina, you can pass on what your parents gave you.

~Jeremy
Dr eBay
Die-hard Fan

Post by Dr eBay »

Al, its obvious that you got your great sense of humor from your parents, and although I never met them, they seem like wonderful people from the stories of other people meeting them. They gave the world you, a wonderful, down-to-earth man who doesn't let his fame get to his head. A man who can always get me out of a sad mood with his music, played on the accordion, an instrument he learned to play thanks to lessons and an accordion given to him by his parents. Your parents were wonderful, wonderful people reflected on how great they raised you, Al.

Deepest, sincere sympathy from all of us here,
T McD
http://www.MonstersAndMustaches.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i_love_yankovic
Obsessed

Post by i_love_yankovic »

Al,

All of us are so deeply sorry for your loss. This news has hit us all like a personal tragedy. And it is. We love you like a brother and a friend, and we know that you loved your parents and that they were incredible people. We can not fully express our sorrow and remorse.

Not one of us can completley feel what you are feeling right now, but we can offer our love and support, of which we have unlimited amounts of for you. Please...do what you need to do, for as long as you need to do it. We understand, and are completley supportive of you during this time of sadness and always.

We love you Al. You and your family are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Always,
Christina R.
Very tasty!
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

my deepest sympathies to you and your whole family al. please never forget that your fans are always here for you. the best thing you can do is hold on to the good memories that you have with your parents and know that they’re angels now, smiling down on you and are very proud of you. al, we all love you and are always here for you. i know it’s going to be hard, but have a very nice and happy easter. and know that you’ll be in our prayers and thoughts

serge
I was elected to lead, not to read.
RanWithScissors
Location: New Jersey (but don't let the name fool you...it's actually VERY old.)

Post by RanWithScissors »

Al, I don't post messages on the WOWAY forums often, but I check the Yankovic! website almost everyday for news. You've been my absolute favorite musical performer since i was in the fifth grade (1994). I could even be quoted as having said many, many times, "Damn, i wish i were 'Weird Al'".

Everyone here knows how great Nick and Mary were. We've seen them in so many of your peices, from home movies to tv specials to introducing you onstage. When i read that article my heart just sank so much. I had tears in my eyes.

Al, i know it probably doesn't help, but i just think that coming on here and paying my respects and condolences is the least i can do. God bless you and God bless your parents. It's true what many of the people on this forum have already said.

It's obvious they were great people, look at their son.

-Brendan
"It would take a man of stone with a funny bone of steel to resist that." - Homer Simpson on "Weird Al"
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Al,

For many years now, you have brought immense joy and comfort to your devoted fans, many of whom have suffered great hardships. Now, we all return the favor and send you and your family our undying love and support in your time of need.

Michael