Messages For Al And Suzanne

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

Dear Al and family,

What is there to say? Words cannot truly express how any of us fans feel right now, as we know a huge loss is now in your life and in ours.

As I read the comments that have come before me, I couldn't help but notice how often it seemed that Nick and Mary weren't just your parents, but our relatives too. Nick was like our uncle who'd tell jokes and slip you a five dollar bill now and then, and Mary seemed to have that vibe where you could tell her all your problems and she'd make you a batch of cookies and tell you it would be ok. Of course, I don't know if that's true, but its the feeling I get when I think of them.

Not long ago, my grandfather died, and I was devestated. He was like a father to me, and the pain I felt was immense. But it was your music, Al, that helped me through, just like in every tragedy I've had in life. I don't know if you're aware of this, but you have healed, helped, and saved many people with your music and you yourself, and I know I speak for everyone when I say we want to repay you as best we can.

I made this prayer for you, and I would like to share it here. I'm no preacher, but its the best I could do:

Oh Heavenly Father, we ask that you take your servants, Nick and Mary, into your loving and waiting arms. We ask that you be by your servants, Alfred, Nina, Suzanne, Jon, Stephen, Jay, Reuben, and the Yankovic family, as they go through this rough time. Comfort them, Lord, and help them through their tremendous loss. Show them that not only you, Lord, are with them in spirit, but that all their fans are as well.
In Jesus' name we pray,
Amen.

-Alan Falconer
"syxtfour"
[email protected]
Hey, snowman with a pine cone head! I HATE YOU!
dagobaresident

Post by dagobaresident »

To Al and family,
I feel I should say something as I've been a fan for a long time, but mere words don't seem possible of expressing the grief and sorrow I feel for you and everyone whose lives your parents touched. If there's any comfort I can offer it's perhaps watch the movie "What Dreams May Come" it has the most beautiful representation of heaven I have ever seen and know that's where they are now and what is waiting for you when your journey ends and you join them.
Spinning on a Fish

Post by Spinning on a Fish »

A message for Al and his loved ones.

You have our deepest sympathies at this devastating time in your life.

Al, you are a man known for your wit and humour, but we also know you as a sensitive soul. Your love for your fans and your love of life in general cannot be disputed. Without a doubt these personality traits stem from a loving upbringing and a happy home. We all owe a great deal to Nick and Mary Yankovic.

Al, we wish you all the very best in this dark time. We thank you for all the joy that you have given us over the years. We hope that even in these, the saddest of times, that you find some joy in the wonderful memories you have of your parents.

On behalf of all your fans here in Australia, we send our love and our thoughts are with you.
Adv1sor

Post by Adv1sor »

By the way you live your life you continue to show us all what good parents Nick and Mary were to you.

They helped make you what you are and you made them proud.
snails

Post by snails »

Al and Suzanne,

I am so sorry for your loss. To lose two such wonderful people in your life so unexpectedly is terribly tragic. They were, obviously, fantastic parents and gave us all someone to brighten our times here on earth. How wonderful they were here to see you married and Nina born. You all are living tributes to their love and dedication as parents.

May God be with you in this difficult time.

Lynn Farnung
(snails)
Lynn

snails _@/"

"We didn't have Nintendo, we just poured salt on snails"....Hey!
wayfanforever

Post by wayfanforever »

Dear Al,

My husband heard on the news Sunday night that your parents had died. When he told me, I was shocked and very upset. I know that you and your parents were very close and that this sudden loss must be devastaing for you. I am so sorry. My husband's and my deepest condolences go to you, Suzanne, Nina and the rest of your family.

Also, thank you for not deciding to cancel your shows. My husband and I have tickets to your May 1st show in Clearwater. Selfishly, We were hoping that you would not cancel the show, because we have been looking forward to seeing you in concert, since the last time we saw you in concert, back in 1999. We would have understood, though if you had decided not to continue your tour.

Please know that the thoughts and prayers of all of your fans will be with you and your family as you go though this difficult time. We all love you and we all loved your parents for giving you to us.
Jeffbot

Post by Jeffbot »

Al,

When all is said and done, one thing can be sure - Nick and Mary raised you well. I offer condolances for your tremendous loss, and I hope you find solace in your family, your music, and your many friends. This message might not mean anything coming from me - a faceless name - but I want you to know that their memory - their legacy - lives on. My prayers go out to you on this difficult day, Al, but don't dispair - you'll see them again someday. Hold on to that.

God Bless,

Jeff McClelland
Brownsville, PA
planetshadow
Occasional

Post by planetshadow »

Al and family,

I too know the feeling of losing parents. I lost mine in 2000. I am now 26 with a family of my own. Its tough and very sad at times, but you draw strength from it cause you know that everything your parents were is enstilled in yourself and so they live on. In us, and in our children and in our childrens children. My daughter was very very young too when they passed. Still, for no explainable reason, she still talks of them as if it were yesterday. It brings me joy when she does this cause I know she will never forget her grandparents just as im sure Nina will never forget hers.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

-Daniel Cummings and family.
Happy Steve
Addicted

Post by Happy Steve »

To Al and family,

Mere words just doesn't seem enough to express our sorrow for what you are going through. However, please know that our thoughts and deepest condolences are with you.

--Steve and Niki Chai
"Of COURSE I think, Steve! I think all the time! Sheesh!"
beersnob

Post by beersnob »

"Everything you know is wrong
Black is white, up is down and short is long
And everything you thought was just so
important doesn't matter."

That was once said by a great man, who had great parents.
In good times and bad, you're an inspiration to us all. Stay Weird.