Weird Al" Survivor All-stars - Chit Chat

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fintron
Obsessed

Post by Fintron »

anthontherun @ Mar 14 2005, 06:54 PM wrote: I realized that numbers and PMan had been suckered in by Fintron. So I did the only logical thing I could. I told Fintron I voted for Driew and that numbers attempted to but he had already sent in a vote against Fintron.
Actually, PMan suggested to me and numbers that we vote off Driew, because I read the PM that Driew sent to PMan saying I should go. Well I was in an alliance with PMan so he said we should vote for Driew. And I knew that you voted for me instead of Driew because I was also in an alliance with numbers.
It's just like a mini mall!
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

My strategy would have been to fly under the radar, so to speak, but since I got voted out early, that made it impossible. It's also nice to see that Anth was plotting against me ever since the beginning of the game, and the people who were SUPPOSED to be aligned with me stabbed me in the back. Now I know who to trust and who not to trust...........
I was elected to lead, not to read.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

PMan and I had an alliance too, which is why I thought he was going to vote along with me against you. Interesting...

gtrmu, you were targetted only because of how in S4, you QUICKLY became extremely powerful and I honestly think that if it weren't for the twist where the tribes divided post-merge, you would have won the game.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gtrmu
Off The Deep End

Post by gtrmu »

Well, still, you suck!!!! :P j/k, I love you man

*(no, I don't really love him, but I don't hate him either)*
I was elected to lead, not to read.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I didn't keep a log because I honestly didn't feel like playing at the beginning, a feeling strentghened by the "What the heck happened?" first challenge.

But some notable things I remember.

Funny how Dave thinks someone should've tried to vote him out earlier, because I was trying to vote him out every step of the game. My first vote would've gone his way, but I may have been one of the only ones who didn't know what was gonna go down at the first TC. I even seriously considered tanking the pun challenge (While he was having a tea party with the pwesident...*pfft* whatever...get your priorities straight, bucko :P ), because I knew there was no way GIM, mewrio and CCS would outpun me, and if worse came to worse, mewrio would still be gone (But I'd be in danger the next round because GIM and CCS would know where the Dave vote came from. I knew mewrio was on the chopping block....I should've pmed him and told him while I had the chance). Of course...my vote was what eventually killed Dave (Not even GIM and Anth could do that), so, you know...at least I got that going for me. I rock! :D

I did intentionally tank my questionaire, though >:) More people should've listened to me about that one (Jeremy, did you seriously think I was being honest about mewrio being team MVP? No offense, mewrio)

Although I was adopting Rory (From Survivor: Vanna White)'s strategy, I was still mainly using my season one strategy too. I got to the jury without alliances, and I was gonna do it again (Using Anth and Driew as smokescreens.....To tell you the truth, I thought this would be more obvious, and even Jeremy didn't pick up on it. With the exception of American Pie, the players I took for the Guitar Players...including Driew...were Season One Players . I'm shocked none of you picked up on that (If I wasn't gonna win, I wanted season one to represent...ok, iisryan and Alexis weren't representing season one technically, but I don't care about that).

I did have a budding alliance with Allie though, and if she stayed, I would have kept it. Because of the fact that not only could we have really dominated challenges, but we both could seriously screw up the game (Which is something other strong challenge people can't do) Even if she didn't get voted out, I still would've ratted Driew out to Anth. I could tell right away Driew was playing both sides (The red flag? Driew telling Dave to "Check his private window" during a TC chat....it would've been too much of a coincedence if it was just about unreleased songs or something like that during TC)

When I got to the Bananas, I tried to be as low key as possible. But with an Al knowledge specific challenge and Dave on the other team, I knew I couldn't. Just like Dave, I tried to keep CCS involved in the game. It was obvious that Numbers and Alexis were going before either of us, and I told CCS that.

The impact of the twist with the interview challenge didn't hit me until it was too late, which was why I sounded a little cockier at TC than I normally would. Not that it would've mattered, but I should've toned it down a bit.

Well I guess that's the key parts of my game. I enjoyed playing against you, and I talked to people I normally wouldn't have ever talked to.

Now with all that being said....lick me
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Sorry I havn't been around, there's A LOT going on in my life right now. besides planning a baby shower, I just got engaged this weekend and I'm making plans to move to California within the next two months!

First, I want to say congratulations to Jackie! You played a great game and made it a lot of fun for me. I had a great time plotting and planning with you and I'm really really glad we got to know each other so much better.

I do want to let you and Dave know that I actually had full intentions of bringing the three of us to the end. When I approached you about Dave it was really just to get a feel for your alliance with him and weather you would be willing to vote him off or not when the time came. Really, I wanted to know wheather I should be watching my back and if there really was a Rob and Amber thing going on. When you said you would and proposed we vote him off at the next TC, I was all in favor of going through with it then.

I made a promise to Allie at the very first TC that I would not vote for her. I had no alliance with her, but I wanted to stick to my word. That first vote was nothing personal toward you. In the questionaire that we all filled out, I voted for Allie as both my most and least wanted player back in the game. I really wanted to play with her in the game because I really thought she'd be an excellent competitor, but I did not want to play against her.

My being voted off really did come as a complete surprise to me. I thought my alliances were strong but, that's the nature of the game.

All in all I enjoyed this season much more that the first one I played and had a GREAT time playing.
-Melissa

Mrs. Duggar, your vagina is not a clown car. Shut it down.
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

Alexis and I were working together since the beginning, even after I was voted off, I still worked with her, to help her win the challenges. It didn't help much, but I did try.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

*pfft* You guys are all minor league evil :P
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

M3m3s3 @ Mar 15 2005, 08:55 AM wrote: I just got engaged this weekend
:whoot: :whoot: :whoot: Congratulations!

and I'm making plans to move to California within the next two months!

:(, I mean :whoot:. Well, as long as you're happy.. :? . Aw, I'll miss you concert buddy!

I do want to let you and Dave know that I actually had full intentions of bringing the three of us to the end. When I approached you about Dave it was really just to get a feel for your alliance with him and weather you would be willing to vote him off or not when the time came. Really, I wanted to know wheather I should be watching my back and if there really was a Rob and Amber thing going on. When you said you would and proposed we vote him off at the next TC, I was all in favor of going through with it then.

It was a tough decision to vote for Melissa. There was some talk about Melissa, Mecca, Jackie, and me going to the Final 4 and then every person for themself, but I still had a little feeling of uncertainty in the back of my mind that Melissa might want revenge on me for betraying our alliance in season 2.

Plus, myself being such a big target, if I got the slightest hint that someone was thinking of plotting against me, I had to strike quick and fast to stop any momentum. That's the reason why I kept pushing to get spacedingo out, and the reason anth and Melissa ultimately got voted out. I targetted anyone who even suggested that it was time for my game to end.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.

Post by Teh Dingo »

Congrats Melissa! The next sound you hear is Jeremy jumping off a bridge (Better hope the kids take it easy on him today before he sees that :lol: ) But who's gonna represent the central New England connection with me now? :(

I got the same impression I got in season one. That people were discounting me in the smartness category because I'm not one of the "Weird Al Elite" (I call it the Driew effect) and as soon as I came in second on that Coworkers challenge, you could hear a lot of people go "Oh crap....."

Dave was probably the only non season one player who didn't take me for granted. >:) Do I really look that stupid? ....Er...don't answer that :unsure: