Grammy Winners Announced

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

algonacchick @ Feb 9 2004, 06:28 PM wrote: hehe, I know how you feel! I want to see Al in concert next leg, but it might not happen. So seeing this little interview made me happy!

It's all good!

:biggrin:

Patti

Soooooo happy for Al!!!
I may have missed the red carpet thing, but I did get this:

My local news featured Al 3 times. First they asked him what he thought about all
the controversy about Janet's breast to which Al replied;
" I can't believe people are still talking about this. It seems like
such a non-issue. I admit I was one of the ones who replayed it on my
TiVo, but something like this is relevant in other countries. The
French are saying (In a French accent) what is the big deal it is
just a booby" You can see Suzanne in the back ground for this
interview. They interviewed Al again at the BMG after party where he
listed what he felt were the highlights of the show. They also showed
Al making a funny face during the Fashion watch segment. Saying how he was
dressed formally which was unusual for him. I got all three on videotape.
Cid
%
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

anthontherun @ Feb 9 2004, 06:51 PM wrote: By the way, Bermuda, we were wondering about this about a week ago and maybe you could answer it: Is Al the only one do get a Grammy statue for his win? Or do you, Jim, Steve, and Ruben all get one too?
Ooo, That's a good question.! I was wondering that too.
Cid
%
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yes, I asked that a while ago. Hopefully, Bermuda will see this and answer. I'm really curious, but I'm thinking that it's probably only Al who gets one. I still wish Al would credit the band in his stage name, rather than just himself. It would make people take him more seriously as an artist, I think. It would be nice to see "Weird Al" Yankovic and the Somethings on the album cover/marque/etc..
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

bermuda @ Feb 8 2004, 05:36 PM wrote: www.weirdal.com
Congratulations, Al and the gang! You deserve it!

-Darth Bob
Some people study rocks for a living. Whatever.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Bruce the Duck @ Feb 9 2004, 09:19 PM wrote: I still wish Al would credit the band in his stage name, rather than just himself.  It would make people take him more seriously as an artist, I think.
I don't think that would make people take him more seriously. It's the genre that people think is not serious. I mean it would still be Al. Do you take ;
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band more seriously than just Bruce Springsteen? or how about Prince and the Revolution as aposed to just Prince? I don't think it would make a bit of difference. People don't take Al seriously because he does comedy. One of the threads running around here is about how Al is underrated as a musician - Well I certainly agree!!
Cid
%
Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

kidcid @ Feb 9 2004, 04:09 PM wrote:
anthontherun @ Feb 9 2004, 06:51 PM wrote: By the way, Bermuda, we were wondering about this about a week ago and maybe you could answer it: Is Al the only one do get a Grammy statue for his win? Or do you, Jim, Steve, and Ruben all get one too?
Ooo, That's a good question.! I was wondering that too.
Cid
I am pretty sure Jay Levy got one (along with Al) when Al won for best concept video for "Fat" (cuase he was director).

I am not sure if Jon, Jim, and Steve got one for "Eat it", "Fat" or "Poodle Hat".

I don't think Ruben would get one, he was not part of TBITB during the "Eat It" and "Fat" era. And he only played on 3 tracks on "Poodle Hat" (Party @ the Lepor Colony, Ode to a Superhero, and Bob). Kim Bullard played keyboards on 4 tracks (Couch Potato, Trash Day, Wanna B Ur Luvr, and Ebay), Al played on 2 (Genius In France, and Hardwear Store) and Ben Folds played on Why Does this Always Happen to me. Ruben is a big part of bringing Al to the stage, but is not a huge part of the album (which is what one the grammy).

I would like to know if anyone other than Al gets a Grammy for the win. Since he produced Poodle Hat and is the main preformer on it, it is hard to know if anyone else gets one. Bermuda? Jim? Steve? Jay? Bella? Anyone else?
?
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Bella?

:lol:
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

kidcid @ Feb 9 2004, 12:03 PM wrote:
algonacchick @ Feb 9 2004, 06:28 PM wrote: hehe, I know how you feel! I want to see Al in concert next leg, but it might not happen. So seeing this little interview made me happy!

It's all good!

:biggrin:

Patti

Soooooo happy for Al!!!
I may have missed the red carpet thing, but I did get this:

My local news featured Al 3 times. First they asked him what he thought about all
the controversy about Janet's breast to which Al replied;
" I can't believe people are still talking about this. It seems like
such a non-issue. I admit I was one of the ones who replayed it on my
TiVo, but something like this is relevant in other countries. The
French are saying (In a French accent) what is the big deal it is
just a booby" You can see Suzanne in the back ground for this
interview. They interviewed Al again at the BMG after party where he
listed what he felt were the highlights of the show. They also showed
Al making a funny face during the Fashion watch segment. Saying how he was
dressed formally which was unusual for him. I got all three on videotape.
Cid
I wonder what Suzanne thought of Al watching that. I'm sure she saw it too. But does she approve of Al watch over and over agian?
Al team # 2836
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Manda @ Feb 9 2004, 09:47 PM wrote: I wonder what Suzanne thought of Al watching that. I'm sure she saw it too. But does she approve of Al watch over and over agian?
It could be that he watched it a few times to see if he really saw what he thought he did, or to figure out if it was planned or not. I admit that I have watched it several times trying to figure out if it really was a costume malfunction or not.
%
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

This really has nothing to with Al but it doesnt matter if it was planned it was stupid. I did not see it, but I did not want to see it. I really dont get why Al was asked that at the grammys. But anyway that was a funny response Al gave about the French. Well to me it was funny. :)
Al team # 2836