Survivor One Chit Chat

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, I have a new idea for a "Weird Al" related game. Bear with me, as it is a little difficult to explain. But once it gets going, I think it could be a lot of fun.

EDIT: If this is the first time you're reading this thread, the actual game began here !

The game is "Weird Al" Survivor. It's played very similar to the Survivor TV show on CBS. Here's how it'll work.

SET UP

People who want to play will volunteer here in this thread. After a few days, or once we have enough players, whichever comes first, I will divide the players into two tribes and give them names for the tribes. If we don't get the standard 16 (as in the show) that's okay, and if we get more than 16, that'll work too! Once we get the volunteers and the tribes, we'll begin playing.
I'll be Jeff Probst, the host of the show.

IMMUNITY COMPETITIONS

Every three days, I will introduce a new immunity competition, which will be a mini-game relating to Al. Each mini-game will be unique and original. For the first several rounds, the tribe members will work together to compete against the other tribe. The losing tribe will go to tribal council to vote out one of their members. That player will be out of the game and will not get to play any longer. More on Tribal Council procedures later.

At a certain point in the game, the tribes will merge and become one. They will decide on a new tribe name. From that point on, contestants will be competing individually for immunity. The winner of the Immunity Idol will be immune from votes during Tribal Council.

While the competitions will ALL be Al related, they won't all be geared towards Al trivia. Many will involve problem solving, puzzles, and word games. They will each last two days, hopefully giving people enough time to participate. The Tribal Council will take place on the third day.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Once a winner of the Immunity Competition has been officially announced, members of the LOSING tribe will vote for who they want out of their tribe. Since voting needs to be secret, the way you will vote is to send me a PM with your decission. You don't need to say why, unless you want to. You will have 1 whole day in which to vote. Once all votes have been cast, I will "tally" the votes and reveal the results. I WILL NOT REVEAL WHO VOTED FOR WHO. The person with the most votes will be eliminated from the game.

OTHER POINTS

While you are deciding if you want to play, I need some help with a few things. I don't want people's feelings to be inadvertantly hurt for being voted off. So, do you think the players should adopt "characters?" For example, you could play as an Al-related celebrity, such as Coolio, Drew Carrey, etc. That way the voting could be directed at those "characters" rather than at real forum members. Or do you think we can handle voting off each other?

I haven't decided if there should be a prize or not. I have several Al-related rarities that I would be willing to give up (including a cassette copy of P&tW), but those items might night be valuable to other members who have enormous collections already. I could also offer rare TV appearances, but the same problem exists. If you have an idea for a prize, please post it here.

Also, I will need one person to help me in devising good Immunity Competitions. We will communicate via PMs and come up with good mini-games. Genius in Maine had the idea for "Millionaire," which I guess didn't work out. Perhaps you would like to collaborate on this game.

PLEASE IGNORE THE REST OF THIS POST. I AM PUTTING THESE TEMPLATES HERE BECAUSE MY NOTE PAD IS FULL! THANKS! SCOTTIDOG, PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS POST!!!

Welcome to TRIBAL COUNCIL.

This is how we'll vote:

Each of you will send me a Private Message with the name of the person you want to vote out of the tribe. Please use their actual SCREENNAME, so that it will be easier for me to tally the votes. You can include a reason if you'd like, but you don't have to. If any Tribe Members fail to vote by 1:00 PM EASTERN, TOMORROW , their vote will count as an automatic vote against them. Once all the votes have been cast, I will tally and then read the votes.

Spatula Tribe, start voting.

==================================================

I've tallied the votes. Once the votes are read, the decision is final. That person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. They will relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar. Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. We're all friends here. But this is a game in which players must do what they must in order to win!

I'll read the votes.
(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes)

and the first person voted out of the Hamster Tribe is:

, you need to bring me your torch and relinquish your Survivor Avatar.

The tribe has spoken.

:bomb:

It's time for you to go. Feel free to leave a goodbye message in this thread.

: You can head back to camp.

Remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread! :)
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

Bruce the Duck @ Jan 15 2004, 02:48 AM wrote: Also, I will need one person to help me in devising good Immunity Competitions. We will communicate via PMs and come up with good mini-games. Mad Genius had the idea for "Millionaire," which I guess didn't work out. Perhaps you would like to collaborate on this game.
That was me, not Mad Genius. 8) Don't think it was your fault that it isn't up - I don't have enough people, and from the looks of things, I'm not gonna.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Sorry, GIM! I edited it!

So, do you want to play or what?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Sounds interesting. Do you have the games figured out yet? Or are you going to do it as things progress.

Also, have you figured out what to do if people don't respond in a timely manner?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I definitely want to play this!

I'd rather not do Al-related celebs. The person who is Coolio will be out first, and besides, it's not like we're actually being voted off the forum. We can still post here.

That'll be pretty cool; we'll each get to say our final words and everything. The only problem I see is how we will do the group challenges.

But yeah, I definitely want to do this!!
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

I'm IN!!!!

Steve 8)
¿
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

What happins when all of your teammates aren't on?
¿
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

anthontherun @ Jan 14 2004, 06:01 PM wrote: it's not like we're actually being voted off the forum. We can still post here.!
:sly:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Maybe the prize could be the winner is the host of the next Al Survivor.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, I have a few ideas for some of the games. Others, I will figure out as we go. That's why I need another mind to help come up with games.

The group challenges will work such that there will be a puzzle/question that every member of the group must respond to in order to be successful. Incorrect or late responses could be reasons for voting someone out.

Scotti, as far as how we will handle people who don't respond in a timely manner, I have thought about that as well. I know it was a problem with the Hollywood Squares game. I figure I will wait a reasonable amount of time for delinquent players, but after that it will hurt that person's tribe. That tribe will likely vote out that delinquent tribe member the next time. So, in short, if you don't want to be voted out, make sure to post in a timely manner! :biggrin:

Also, another idea I am considering is coming up with an icon that could be used as the "Immunity Idol." This would be an avatar that the winning tribe/tribe member could use as their avatar for the three days that they have immunity.