Weird Al Related Dreams

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

QUOTE I dreamt that Al was playing right field for the Red Sox.  #27 is retired for them, so he had #72 (I'm just kidding...I can't read in my dreams)

Don't feel bad, its impossable to read in dreams. Its also impossible to tell time, use a light switch or look like yourself in the mirror. When I say its impossable I mean letters and numbers change in dreams, even while reading them! These facts become very important to lucid dreamers as it can provide a chance to enter a lucid state. If you want to know what 'lucid dreaming' or 'going lucid' mean, look it up. It sounds rude but its hard for me to explain it thru words.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

QUOTE If you want to know what 'lucid dreaming' or 'going lucid' mean, look it up. It sounds rude but its hard for me to explain it thru words.

Isn't just basically having some control over your dreams?
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

Yah, but theres a lot of other things that must be understood to get the idea of becoming lucid, lossing lucidity, etc. But yes, thats the base of it.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I saw that on an episode of Batman: The Animated Series. Mad Hatter had Batman trapped in some dream world, and everything Batman tried to read was all screwed up. And Al was Robin (just kidding)
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

The reason you cant read in your dreams is simple. Dreams are usually not very detailed. You mind create sentenses to make you feel more comfortable where you are. Not much detail is put into them, so they change when you try to read them. Time is also unessisary in dreams so little detail is put into it. Reality tests will help you understand this more. Here is a qoute about reality tests from a lucid dreaming website I frequently go to.

QUOTE Carry some text with you or wear a digital watch throughout the day. To do a reality test, read the words or the numbers on the watch. Then, look away and look back, observing the letters or numbers to see if they change. Try to make them change while watching them. Research shows that text changes 75% of the time it is re-read once and changes 95% it is re-read twice. If the characters do change, or are not normal, or do not make sense, then you are most probably dreaming. Enjoy! If the characters are normal, stable, and sensible, then you probably aren't dreaming.
YamiJess27
Obsessed

Post by YamiJess27 »

I dreamt once that I went to the store and bought my own personal Weird Al to sit on my dresser and let me feed him french fries all day. Then for about a week I kept having this dream, where I just fed Al french fries as he sat there on my dresser and wiggled his feet. And every night he would ask for ketchup and I would feel bad because in my dream I had none, just fries. So one night I went to bed, and I kept thinking really really hard about ketchup (usually whatever I think about I dream about). I'm not sure what happened in my dreams that night, if I had that dream and was able to give Al ketchup, because I didn't remember my dreams that night. But after that, I never had that dream again... :dontgetit:
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

Was this Al life sized?
danthefanman
Addicted
Location: Hiding behind one of those 3 Al heads, can you guess which one?

Post by danthefanman »

How come im in no one's dreams? Hmmm, maybe ill make my avatar have a pic of me in it.....(possibly in desert camoflage)

I had a real dream though, think we all started a fight club, Al was there (not fighting) and I was there (fighting) and scotti was there (fighting WHiZi) neither of which in know how they look. Scotti was a 30something brown haired, and WHiZi (not sure bout age) but looked something like Al's Saga Begins hairstyle.
Dan wuz here
YamiJess27
Obsessed

Post by YamiJess27 »

QUOTE Was this Al life sized?

Yeah, he was. And he was alive! I'm not sure if he was the real Al or just a clone... But he was cool.

I told my friends about this dream and it became a joke between us. So, on my birthday they'd ask me what I want and I always say "my own personal weird al to sit on my dresser and let me feed him french fries all day." and they'll always write that that was what they got me on birthday cards and stuff.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE Was this Al life sized?

Yeah. And where did you buy this Al? :lookround: