Weird Al Related Dreams

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE I babel-fished [99 Luftballoons]

There's no need to do that. All you have to do is track down a copy of Tim Cavanagh's "99 Dead Baboons." He translates the whole thing for you straight from German. Well, except for a few lines he wasn't sure of, of course. :lol:

Dave
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

WOW, I just had a (Wierd) Al dream (yes, both thd dream AND Al were weird, actually he was normal.. but that means weird, right? Wait a minute, he wasn't even in the dream. It was just about the new album coming out.)

OK here goes, I get Poodle Hat and start playing it, looking at the liner notes. Al had done a few songs that had overtly Christian connotations to them. :shocked:

-Jeremy
-Jeremy
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

With the new album coming out, I guess we're all having dreams.

Last night I had a dream that CPFOA send out the Poodle Hat CD insert to everybody registered. Well, all the songs were either Avant-Garde, like John Cage and Phillip Glass, or they were Classical. I think there was one country song.

Then we were all in line for the concert, but our CARS were in line, too. :lookround: It was like a caravan. And none of the new songs were played at the concert.

So I'm glad I woke up. That was a nightmare!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE WOW, I just had a (Wierd) Al dream (yes, both thd dream AND Al were weird, actually he was normal.. but that means weird, right?  Wait a minute, he wasn't even in the dream.  It was just about the new album coming out.)  

OK here goes, I get Poodle Hat and start playing it, looking at the liner notes.  Al had done a few songs that had overtly Christian connotations to them.   :shocked:  
-Jeremy

Well, we'll all know in another thirty days, but somehow "overt" doesn't seem likely. For all his outrageous and whacked-out stage persona, Al's a subtle and private guy.

Are you sure you weren't reading the liner notes for the latest Alice Cooper album??

But anyway... you did come up with a suitably thematic Easter dream. :)
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I've had Poodle Hat dreams before, except it was before we found out the name of it and such. Quite a nice dream, it was mailed personally from Al. The dream felt so real that when I woke up, I thought I really had it.

~wonders how many VH1/MTV specials 99 Luftballoons has been in~

-CindyBob

:stupid:
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I had a good one where Poodle Hat was bought in special brown wrapping with symbols on the front, and I listened to it and it was all classical and instrumental, I went to FYE and complained (because I complain about EVERYTHING there) and they said Zomba was stupid and got the YANKOVIC and YANNI master copies mixed up, so on accident, the new Yanni CD became the best selling comedy CD ever.

He he.... I have Weird Weird dreams.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Phillipemoz
Occasional

Post by Phillipemoz »

In ask Al archive:

Deborah Fabec of Atlanta, GA asks: Have you ever thought of recording an album under a different name the way that Garth Brooks did with his Chris Gaines album?

Yes, I've been releasing cheesy new age albums under the name "Yanni" for years. It started out as a joke, but people have just been eating it up!
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I had another Weird A related dream the other night.

I baught a new keyboard 5 months ago, and I hadn't played it for about a week. Well I decided to play it before I went to sleep. I was playing "Amish Paradise" and "Eat It". When I went to sleep, I met up with Al at the park or zoo or...something. Just remember a bunch of trees and bees. Anyhoo, he said that he had to perform that night, but Rueben got sick. Al had heard me playing my keyboard earlier so he asked me to fill in. He left me with Rueben to teach me what I had to play that night. I was doing great. But during the concert when I was supposed to play, I was playing the wrong tunes for the wrong songs. I was playing "Amish Paradise" during "Eat It", and "Like A Surgeon" during "One More Minute".

It was a nightmare. All the audience booed and Al took the keyboard and started chasing me around the stage trying to whack me offstage...

Doesn't sound like something THE "Weird Al" Yankovic would do. Maybe Coolio... :sleepy:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I had another Weird A related dream the other night.
... during the concert when I was supposed to play, I was playing the wrong tunes for the wrong songs. I was playing "Amish Paradise" during "Eat It", and "Like A Surgeon" during "One More Minute".
It was a nightmare. All the audience booed and Al took the keyboard and started chasing me around the stage trying to whack me offstage...

Doesn't sound like something THE "Weird Al" Yankovic would do. Maybe Coolio... :sleepy:

Of course not! Al would NEVER do that. You might as well say he'd shoot Ruben. Or (gasp!) punch Santa Claus!
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Or rip his heart right out of his ribcage w/ his bare hands and throw it on the floor and stomp on it til he dies!!!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.