Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Re: Album 14 Speculation :3

Post by Teh Dingo »

And it can be said it all comes from blues

But if we continue to argue this, we'll be here ALL NIGHT :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I too wouldn't mind a Bloodhound Gang style parody, albeit I'm not sure how it'd work.

And, while I think it'd have worked best on Alpocalypse, I still think an Arcade Fire style parody/direct parody would be great.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think it was Big Spoon (or was it Barney Slayer?) who first suggested a Bloodhound Gang style parody several years ago. It's a great idea in theory, though their lyrics are generally already funny and the music is occasionally even a style parody. Also they're not that popular anymore.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Big Spoon, Barney Slayer... whatever BS.. lol ;)
I was going to say earlier that I didn't think they were still a thing, and looked them up. Turns out they have a new album, but all the same, I think pretty much an "act of yesteryear"
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Album 14 Speculation :3

Post by minnick27 »

I used to work with their "supplier". I know where those clever lyrics come from
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

:hamsters:
Last edited by RyanHippFTW on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

TMBJon wrote:I think it was Big Spoon (or was it Barney Slayer?) who first suggested a Bloodhound Gang style parody several years ago. It's a great idea in theory, though their lyrics are generally already funny and the music is occasionally even a style parody. Also they're not that popular anymore.
Pretty sure it was me. I honestly can't see it happening anymore, though. For both of the reasons you stated.
And Peggy
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I do like Bloodhound Gang, but it's been like 6 years since their last cd. And I really didn't like it as much as their first three albums. Think any ship that may have been around has long since sailed away.
minnick27 wrote:I used to work with their "supplier". I know where those clever lyrics come from
Surely you jest. I wouldn't have imagined a rock star to do such the thing. :lookaround:
DJ Q-Ball did an appearance up at Bootleggers two weeks ago. Should've gone.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

TMBJon wrote:I think it was Big Spoon (or was it Barney Slayer?) who first suggested a Bloodhound Gang style parody several years ago. It's a great idea in theory, though their lyrics are generally already funny and the music is occasionally even a style parody. Also they're not that popular anymore.
From what I understand, basically they're really popular in Europe which is where they've apparently been living for the better part of 5 years.

And they're slightly 'popular' around here, not so much the rest of the United States.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

HappyGilmore wrote:From what I understand, basically they're really popular in Europe which is where they've apparently been living for the better part of 5 years.

And they're slightly 'popular' around here, not so much the rest of the United States.
Yeah, I've been following their newest album. They claim its supposed to come out this year, but for all we know, it could take years. There last album came out 5 (2006 I think) years a go, and the album before that came out 7 years (in 1999) I think. Their new single "Altogether Ooky" was pretty good though, IMO.