Mandatory Fun (Album 14) Speculation :3

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Album 14 Speculation :3

Post by minnick27 »

He briefly touched on online dating in Craigslist. I kniw it was more of a missed connection, but i get the sense a full on date song would be a cross between that and Do I Creep You Out
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bryce87
Obsessed

Post by bryce87 »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:I keep expecting something like Kickstarter or Buzzfeed to somehow show up, if we're talking relatively more recent websites.

Also, he's never tackled Online Dating sites, which to me sees also seems like good fodder for one of Al's silly love songs.

And a trend that seems to pop up in a lot of songs lately are "hashtag lyrics", that could possibly show up somewhere.
Al hasn't tackled social media apps such as Twitter Facebook or Instagram. Any song today could easily be about any app. "Come With me Now" could be changed to "Come Tweet me Now" But that's unlikely. Perhaps Bermuda could confirm a social media song?
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

bryce87 wrote: Al hasn't tackled social media apps such as Twitter Facebook or Instagram. Any song today could easily be about any app. "Come With me Now" could be changed to "Come Tweet me Now" But that's unlikely. Perhaps Bermuda could confirm a social media song?
He touched on MySpace in a W&N lyric (if ever one of Al's lyrics had a tiny shelf life...), but social media has grown beyond all expectations since then. I would almost expect him to do song about social media, not necessarily focused on one site in particular, but one that mentions all of them. Hopefully not a simple "list" song, but maybe just a song about someone who is obsessed with social media and is trying to manage his presence on all of these different sites.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

bermuda wrote: I wasn't... although there does happen to be a 9-min song.

Cherished? Maybe...

90s? Alt rock? Hardly!
I'm psyched to see you confirming another 9-minute "epic" song on this album. . .I love those! Have to assume it's the big album closer. (To end ALL album closers!)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Marko_The_Odd wrote:Also, he's never tackled Online Dating sites, which to me sees also seems like good fodder for one of Al's silly love songs.
I am generally reluctant to speculate about possible subject matters of parodies, but there's a pretty obvious Timber --> "Tinder" parody idea if he wanted to go in this direction.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

TMBJon wrote:
Marko_The_Odd wrote:Also, he's never tackled Online Dating sites, which to me sees also seems like good fodder for one of Al's silly love songs.
I am generally reluctant to speculate about possible subject matters of parodies, but there's a pretty obvious Timber --> "Tinder" parody idea if he wanted to go in this direction.
This seems like a decent idea, but I just took a look on YouTube and there are already multiple "Timber/Tinder" parodies. (Note: I didn't listen to any of them.)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ber+parody" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So even though I'm sure Al could write a better/funnier version than any of the above, that's the curse of the Internet and YouTube.
caseyroberson

Re: Album 14 Timeline/Spoiler Updates

Post by caseyroberson »

Someone has posted an album title, release date, and a couple of song titles for Album 14 on Weird Al's discography page on Wikipedia (there's even one they put on and then deleted, if you check the revision history). I know me posting like this makes me look incredibly suspicious, like I must be the guy who put the stuff on there. Just an odd bit of synchronicity that I was looking for album news and found this. I remembered I had an account here and figured if anyone had a real source for the info, it would be someone on this forum. Can anyone confirm the information on Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_A ... iscography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I wouldn't rely on it. Even if this guy did know the album title and a few of the song titles, how would he know the release date (which Al doesn't even know yet since there's no lead single), let alone the peak chart positions for the album???
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Yeah, the chart position numbers seemed based on the fact that SOL was 10 and Alpocalypse was 9, which logically would make someone who obsessed with consistent numbering assume album 14 would hit #8... and go to #29 in Australia, because it went from 26-28 on prior albums, Poodle Hat-Alpocalypse (a weird coincidence on its own, actually).

That alone reduces this person's credibility, in addition to the fact that the songs in question sound really dumb.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

While the album and song titles and parody targets may end up being correct, at this point I would take it with a huge grain of salt.