The Big Introduction Topic

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Margarita
Occasional

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by Margarita »

Yankopunk wrote:Welcome, Margarita! You are absolutely delightful and your English is fantastic!
Awww.. Thank you! ^_^
AlBback

Post by AlBback »

Thank you for the welcome.
Yankopunk - My wife used to not care for Al until several years after our marriage. As she began to listen to Al more and more she really began to appreciate his wordplay and humor. She now loves Al but unfortunately she will not be at the concerts with me. I will be attending the Cleveland concert with her brother who is a huge Al fan but he doesn't know it yet.
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

AlBback wrote:Thank you for the welcome.
Yankopunk - My wife used to not care for Al until several years after our marriage. As she began to listen to Al more and more she really began to appreciate his wordplay and humor. She now loves Al but unfortunately she will not be at the concerts with me. I will be attending the Cleveland concert with her brother who is a huge Al fan but he doesn't know it yet.
That’s a shame, but I’m glad she loves Al! And do you mean that her brother doesn’t know he will be attending the show, or do you mean that he is bound to become a fan once he sees him in concert?
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
AlBback

Post by AlBback »

Yankopunk wrote:
AlBback wrote:Thank you for the welcome.
That’s a shame, but I’m glad she loves Al! And do you mean that her brother doesn’t know he will be attending the show, or do you mean that he is bound to become a fan once he sees him in concert?
LOL, sorry about that. He has been a huge Al fan for years but he doesn't know I have a ticket for him yet. He will be informed soon though that we have front row and the meet and greet.
macdaddyjill

Post by macdaddyjill »

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and I'm not sure why I didn't peruse the internet years ago for a Weird Al forum. I have been a fan of Al since 1992 when my mom took me to my first Weird Al concert. I had no idea who he was at the time haha. Little did I know I would become life long fan and became a poor person doing so with buying his CDs and various other junk and going to concerts. I have met him several times over the last 25+ years and he has been gracious every time. Some of my more prized possessions includes old concert shirts, a copy of Authorized Al which all his band mates have signed, and my most favorite (and most expensive) of all is the newspaper from "This is the Life" video I won at auction from ALCON 2002! I will be going to Atlanta next month with my mom for the Ill Advised Vanity tour. I heard about it at Spooky Empire in late 2016 from the man himself and have been excited about the idea of a scaled down concert ever since. I have always been a fan of the "unplugged" versions of his medleys. Below are the dates of concerts I have been to over the last two and a half decades (barf, where did the time go????????????????????)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and will be sharing some of my stories in the near future!
macdaddyjill :jp:
06/11/92, 10/31/94, 10/26/96, 11/18/99, 05/16/00, 05/19/00, 05/24/07, 05/27/07, 07/21/10, 07/23/10, 10/05/11, 04/14/13, 08/11/15, 08/14,15, 06/09/16, 04/15/18 ALCON '02, Spooky Empire '16
geeimanerd97

Post by geeimanerd97 »

Hello! I'm new to this site, I've been browsing the forums, posting a few comments here & there, just noticed this topic, i'm a pretty new fan (started around the middle of last year) & have been really enjoying his music & other creations, my favorite of his Works are "'Weird Al' Yankovic", "In 3-D", "Dare To be Stupid", "Polka Party!', "UHF", & "Off The Deep End", Hoping to enjoy my time on this Forum! :)
5/17/18 - The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Welcome!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
YankovicAvidan

Post by YankovicAvidan »

Greetings, fellow WOWAY-ers! I come in peace!

I'm YankovicAvidan, and as you might have probably DEFINITELY already guessed from the name alone, I have an ENORMOUS soft spot for "Weird Al" Yankovic! I may have only been in the "'Weird Al' fandom" (is...is that a term people use?) proper for about two or three years now (I'd been well aware of Al before then, but only recently have I actually become a proper fan of his), and I'd only been to an actual concert of his just a month or two ago (April 15th, what what!), but it isn't about breadth, friends- it's about depth.

The depths of my deep and abiding admiration for Al.

Which is to say, VERY DEEP. Like, Marianas trench deep, you don't even know.

(Okay, maybe not THAT deep, but you get the overall gist of what I'm saying!)

In any case, I'm SUPER STOKED to be here! I look forward to hopefully (?) chatting with you all! You guys seem like a cool bunch. Let's do this!
"I'm a pineapple!"

Saw Al in concert:
4/15/18
6/30/19
Met Al in-person (!!!):
4/15/18
Yellow_13

Post by Yellow_13 »

Hi everyone,

I'm Yellow_13 from France, and I've discovered Weird Al 7 years ago when I was studying foreign languages in university, and I already took quite a liking to the guy and his art ; however, I've rediscovered his works a couple weeks ago because one of my colleagues is a huge fan. Let's say that he's the one who put my finger back in the gears! So, here I am now, in order to find what I haven't discovered yet, and to talk with other fans.

Have a nice day!
thexoblivion

Post by thexoblivion »

Hi my name is Sarah and I used to post on here as a teenager. Now i'm back as a 30 something year old.
"We're great, and you suck!"

-Sarah