The Big Introduction Topic

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by Heds »

stardrop wrote:Hi, all. I'm Rumiko from Japan - where the time seems to be frozen around the time of Eat it and occasional Jojo references.
Recently, Milo Murphy announcement made me re-discover Al(I only knew Eat It/Fat/Amish Paradise/Hardware Store and a bit of Cheese Sandwich before that), and I decided to go beyond the language barrier to get more. Hope my English is ok enough :S
Hello Rumiko-chan! :w
Very nice to meet you, as Mellow pointed out, we haven't had a lot of people from Asia.

Your English is OK - some on here are actually from Europe so they're the same as well - but I'm in the safe zone that is the United Kingdom, Scotland to be precise :great:

Anyways, Rumiko, enjoy your time! Lovely name :)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:welcome: Rumiko!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Hey, y'all. I'm Lee Ann, and even though I'm now 61 years old, I never saw WAY until June 7 of this year. I volunteer as an usher at the Saenger Theatre here in Mobile, Alabama, and I was fortunate enough to be working the night he came to our town. I am now officially in Love with Weird Al Yankovic and I'm going to see him in Biloxi, Mississippi this coming Friday night. This time, I'll get to see the whole show without having to run in and out seating people. I am so psyched!! I have NEVER been to a concert that did so much for me as his. I laughed til I cried! I sang along with him and the band and I wanted so much to be down front when he wanted to be my Lover!! Well, not that he said it directly to me, but, hey, a gal can dream, huh? :inlove:

Actually, my favorite song of the whole evening was :wordcrimes: . I have been a stickler for grammar for as long as I can remember, and to hear that song just made my heart smile!!

Of course, as soon as I got home, I started listening to and reading about him and the band. I am beyond impressed by how he treats his band members and by how loyal they are to him. He just seems to be such a stand up guy. His relationship with Suzanne gives me hope that my prince, too, will come.

Thanks for having this forum. I'm going to have a lot of fun here. With all the stuff happening in this world right now, we need to have someone like Al in our lives on a daily basis. :accordion:
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

Lee Ann, that is so awesome you've discovered Al while you're roughly about the same age as him! Such an awesome story. I hope your upcoming concert with him is unforgettable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thanks so much! I can barely wait to be in the same room with him. His energy is incredible! My only regret is that I wasn't able to afford a VIP Czar ticket. I'd Love to be able to meet him, even for a minute. Well, that will give me something to look forward to :yay:
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

catladyleeann wrote:Thanks so much! I can barely wait to be in the same room with him. His energy is incredible! My only regret is that I wasn't able to afford a VIP Czar ticket. I'd Love to be able to meet him, even for a minute. Well, that will give me something to look forward to :yay:
Lee Ann, while it isn't guaranteed, and I'm guessing from how excited and energized for the show you are you'd probably find it worth the chance, if you're able to find the tour bus and wait outside it for a couple hours, sometimes Al still does meet and greets with the fans after the Czar fans. Not guaranteed and may be a bit tiring, but if you think you're up for the challenge, you may have a chance. No pictures usually allowed, but signing and a handshake are likely if he's out there. :gaga:
Capybara
Die-hard Fan

Post by Capybara »

:welcome: to the forum, Lee Ann!
I'm afraid the minister has fallen through the Earth's crust.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thank you. It's an honor to be here.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Thank you so much for the tip. I will definitely be waiting by the bus in hopes that he will be there eventually. I'm sure I won't be the only one looking for it, so I'll find someone who is as dedicated as I am to help me find it. He is appearing at the Hard Rock Cafe in Biloxi, so I'm not sure where the bus would be located, as I'm from Mobile. I want him to sign my arm, then I'm going straight home and to a tattoo shop to have his autograph permanently inked on me. I'm so confident that this will happen that I'm going to reserve my spot at the shop for late Friday night! Wow! Just being at the concert will be off the charts! I'm enjoying the anticipation WAY (get it? WAY? :yay: ) more than any almost 61 year old should!
Spumoni Sloth
Awards: NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Post by Spumoni Sloth »

My name is Devin, I'm 28 and I'm just starting to socialize with other fans. I have Asperger's (a form of autism) which makes socializing difficult to do and causes anxiety. I thought joining communities where I share the same interests would be a good way to make friends.

Trivia: I was born the day Even Worse was released