The Big Introduction Topic

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Mythicality

Re: The Big Introduction Topic

Post by Mythicality »

Hey y'all! I'm Annie. I'm fourteen and have been a fan of Al for most of my life. I've gone to two shows, both of which were part of the Mandatory Tour. I went once in 2015 and once in 2016, because, it was after all mandatory. I love to write and sometimes I draw. I think I'm gonna like it here!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

:welcome: Annie!
Mythicality

Post by Mythicality »

Thank you!
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

Welcome from the Deep South, Miss Annie! :w
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Mythicality

Post by Mythicality »

Thank you! :D
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

Welcome to the forum Mythicality!
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:welcome: Annie! Glad to have you here! What's your favorite song?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mythicality

Post by Mythicality »

Thank you! Ooh, that's tough! Always had a special place in my heart for Like A Surgeon.
therewillbepez

Post by therewillbepez »

Hi! My name is Joe and I an ALcoholic, CPFOA, and any other way that describes being a huge fan of the man, the myth, the legend that is Mr. Weird Al Yankovic. I found this forum via the related links on the Weird Al Reddit page. I would say that my favorite Weird Al song is Yoda, and it holds a special place in my heart because I've serenaded my girlfriend with it at karaoke. Also, thanks in large part to Al's influence on my life and sense of humor, I have written many Pez-inspired song parodies.

Right now, I have a very specific question for everyone: Does anyone have tips on the best way to contact Al for help with a marriage proposal?

In a nutshell:
- I plan on proposing to my girlfriend this New Year’s Eve, and as part of that proposal, I am desperately hoping that Al can provide a brief, pre-recorded sound bite, or maybe even sing a brief song that I’ve written. I am wondering what would be the best way to contact him for this request.
- As for the song, I took inspiration from Al’s “Homer and Marge” serenade on “The Simpsons.” I am retooling the first lyrics (8 lines) and the chorus of “Jack and Diane” to personalize it for the two of us. It broadly covers our story to date, and it is of course family-friendly. (The song is in progress and almost done.)
- I know that Al is a very, very busy man and I certainly do not expect his help!! I am fully aware that this request is a long shot, to put it mildly. But, I am hoping against hope that I can somehow get in touch with Al in time, and that he would be open to helping me out.

(I also asked this question on Reddit, and with more detail.)

My sincere apologies if this post is inappropriate for this thread or the Newbie Zone! As this is my first post on WoWaY, I am unable to post anywhere else. Thanks for any help you can provide!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The best way to reach Al for something like this is through his manager, Jay Levey. You should be able to find contact info for his company, Imaginary Entertainment, online. Otherwise, your best bet is to @reply Al on Twitter and hope he decides to reach out.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.