Questions About Being A Newbie

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Re: Questions About Being A Newbie

Post by mellow weasel »

yank wrote:Yes I have a question:

I asked one of the mods a question, and he messaged me back. I saw from his icon that he had a facebook page, so I clicked on it and visited his page. A little while later Facebook banned me from visiting profiles of people I don't know, for 8 days. Someone had reported me. I wondered if it was the mod, who didn't of course know my real name.
It would be highly illogical to make your facebook page public here if you have a problem with people visiting it. So I'd guess it was somebody else. Unless by visiting you mean sending him/her tons of messages, trolling in his/her comments, something like that :lol:
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

No, I wasn't.....Thanks.
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Unless you contacted them somehow, how would anyone know you visited their Facebook page?
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

anthontherun wrote:Unless you contacted them somehow, how would anyone know you visited their Facebook page?
I think there used to be some function/app/service for that. Not sure if it still exists though, or if it wasn't fake... I've seen it advertised a few years ago, but I never checked it out.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

mellow weasel wrote:
anthontherun wrote:Unless you contacted them somehow, how would anyone know you visited their Facebook page?
I think there used to be some function/app/service for that. Not sure if it still exists though, or if it wasn't fake... I've seen it advertised a few years ago, but I never checked it out.
It was always a spam/hoax/virus. You can't see who visits your FB page...I don't think...so yeah, you shouldn't really outright accuse someone of getting you in trouble before you even know if it was them. Talk it out an PM, not here.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic