How To Post Avatars And Photos

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

actually, u dont need to press alt! same thing with the ctrl f5 refresh... JUST f5!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I have to hit CTRL F5 for a clean refresh. Just F5 gives me what I already see.

But just PRT SCRN seems to do a good screen capture for me. I haven't tried it for a DVD screen capture though. My WinDVD player has a button for that.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I guess it all depends on your browser.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

scottidog @ Mar 27 2004, 10:01 AM wrote: But just PRT SCRN seems to do a good screen capture for me.  I haven't tried it for a DVD screen capture though.
Trying to capture a DVD image is rather hit-and-miss depending on the application because the DVD window is on a separate layer of the screen (I'm blanking on the technical term for it). Most "screen capture" programs just give you a black square.

So far the DVD program that people recommend the most for capturing is PowerDVD, and it does work well (although you may need to tweak the final images a bit in Photoshop...I recently put up a touched-up "Eat It" capture in the Silver Accordion section of my site, for example). You can download a free 30-day trial at the Cyberlink site. Granted the trial only plays thirty minutes of video at a time (and five minutes of audio), but if you know exactly where in the DVD you want the image from, it shouldn't be a problem.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

i did it using windvd... you have to click capture or press a sertain letter... i cant remember... anyway it put them in a folder in My Pictures...
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

How do I post a photo if I dont have a link for it? Like how do I post an Image inside a post if it isnt on a website?

Steve
¿
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

uhh, you dont
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

You mean you HAVE to host your pictures from a website to post them?
¿
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

If you want to link a photo inside of a topic like this

yes, you have to have it hosted somewhere that allows direct linking. If you want to use a picture for you avatar or personal photo, as long as it fits the size and format requirements, you can upload it to the WOWAY server.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Are there any free websites that will host my photos that will allow me to direct link?

Well, there are some.  They have their limitations, and they may not be around forever.  Here are a few links that I know about.  I'll add more if I find any.  Also keep in mind that they could go away, or start charging.  But for now they are free.

Villiage Photos.

Photobucket.