How Did You Hear About WOWAY?

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Mo33
Occasional

Re: How Did You Hear About WOWAY?

Post by Mo33 »

I was talking to Alicia on tumblr and she invited me to join and fangirl with all of you :ttr: (BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE)
"The potatoes do not agree."
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I don't remember.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Found it a long time ago and would lurk now and again. Helped fill the void of not getting any Close, Personal Friend Of Al letters in the mail any longer.
catladyleeann
Regular

Post by catladyleeann »

I was combing the internet for anything and everything about Al, and just kept clicking on links until I found something. I ended up finding the link to WOWAY on Google Search, and the rest is history! I'm so glad to be here. I can act any age I want, instead of "behaving" like old ladies are supposed to do :gaga: It's also very nice to have someone (or a lot of someones) with whom to talk about how I feel about that beautiful man.
Well, this is it. This IS the last minute!
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I decided that my time was growing way too short and life could be too volatile that I just wanted to finally take the plunge into joining the fun of this community. I've visited here many times over the years.
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
KaleyFromSpace
Occasional

Post by KaleyFromSpace »

I found WOWAY several years ago while browsing the internet trying to find some people who felt the same way about Al as I did. I actually found the Drooling Over Al topic the first time I searched, and found it oddly comforting, and every once in a while I'd come back and peruse the forum, wishing to join but not being sure about it, I guess. After the last concert I went to I tried posting about it on facebook but nobody got my excitement, so I decided that the time had come to join WOWAY :D
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

If I remember correctly I found this forum listed in the link section of Weird Al's mothership webpage as being one of the best or more popular Al fan pages (besides alt.weirdal I think, which I was never able to figure out back in the day) so I'd come here a couple times a week to read up on reviews of the then relatively new alive DVD, speculation for album 11, and the Ask Bermuda section which I just though was I unheard of for a fan site to have.

I joined originally as JDTurnbull272 back in November of 2002 I think and if I remember correctly I joined *just* missing the Ask Bermuda section dying off so I never got to participate in its original iteration. But years later I had come up with a username I used much more commonly and didn't sound quite as generic and so I didn't know at the time I could simply change my name, I just ended up creating the new username QuantumError. And here we are today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mswirtz
Occasional

Post by mswirtz »

Doing a Google search for Fargo Weird Al concerts since I missed out on past tours when he came up here. Started being a hard core fan last year. Took me a few months to actually join, was a lurker for a while.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I looked at the links page on http://www.weirdal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PeridotYankovic

Post by PeridotYankovic »

Erm... Salutations, I suppose! This would be my first time posting here, so excuse me if I ramble.

In terms of a response to said question, I stumbled upon WOWAY by chance when I was researching "weird al steven universe" (it confounds me how he hasn't guest-starred as of yet), and one of the many suggested links was to a topic on this very forum. I wound up lurking anonymously on the boards for quite some time, so it only figures that I'd join! Happy to be here!
"Peridot. Facet 5. End log."