Weird Al Podcast

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Dakota Rimmer

Weird Al Podcast

Post by Dakota Rimmer »

Hi everybody!

I'm new to the forum, but have been listening to Al since I was born, thanks to my father. For a few months now, I, along with my buddy Adam, have been conducting a podcast called "Me Talking Weird Al to You." Our goal initially was to go album by album, discussing the tracks and just really dissecting the art of the thing. We haven't reviewed Mandatory Fun yet, because I'd like to sit with a bit longer, but I did recently publish the Alpocalypse ep. We also have a few side eps for the holidays or to play Cards Against Humanity, etc.
Our new goal is to interview artists, comedians and others and garner their views on Al, their favorite songs, and test their knowledge of Al.We were lucky enough to score an interview with Dan Regan of Reel Big Fish a few months ago, and we talked to him about working with Al to record "That's Your Horoscope for Today." Hopefully our podcast will pick up steam so we can talk to others about their experiences.
If you'd like to listen, the podcast is available (and free) on iTunes, Podbay, Podbean, and nearly every other major podcast feed. We would absolutely love it if you would.
Sorry for the thesis. Thanks everybody, and thanks Weird Al for being the greatest human ever.
http://dakotarimmer.podbean.com/

EDIT: I failed to mention that this podcast began as a 'parody' of the popular "U Talkin' U2 to Me?" podcast on Earwolf. It's taken on a life of its own since then, but it's pretty evident in the first few. Big Scott Aukerman fan right here, which is sometimes painfully obvious.
Last edited by yankochick38 on Fri May 01, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong "its." cool podcast!!
"Life is a highway, love is a battlefield. Take your pick." --Patton Oswalt on Comedy Bang Bang
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: Weird Al Podcast

Post by yankochick38 »

You guys sound cute |)

I lost track but who's the guy who asked about which band Skipper Dan is styled after? I'm into him.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
joseyklein
Obsessed

Re: Weird Al Podcast

Post by joseyklein »

All episodes work except the first one... so I had to start from in 3-d
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..