Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

yank
Occasional

Al Has Peeps To Do This, No?

Post by yank »

:onfire: :jp: :accordion: :hamsters: :ttr:

I'm new here and I was just wondering:

Have you OFTEN heard Weird Al on the radio, or at the disco? It seems like DJs wouldn't play him much because his stuff sounds like Eminem, Imagine Dragons and so forth. Is he even on rotation at the radio stations? He is Number One on Billboard and he ought to be played all the time. How bout all of us write our town's radio stations and request him?

I tweeted Al just now this: "Have someone create a chess set with all your people as chess set pieces-- White/Nerdy guy, Pentiums guy, Saga Begins guy...." DON'T YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE COOL??? The pawn pieces could be Bermuda's head, Bella poodle, Nun Dancing.... HUH?

Have you seen Al's CDs, albums and books (including Weird Al the coffee table thing with Al helping to write it) in your LOCAL LIBRARY? Who is in charge of putting them out there?

I want Al to create a unisex clothing line with shirts based on all the Hawaiian and other really pretty shirts he's worn onstage and in interviews (check them out at Youtube by typing in the Search bar: Weird Al being interviewed). Don't you think that would be lovely?

And finally: Why does he never sing Talk Soup at concerts? "I have no genitalia! I sold my kids for cheese!" That is a really raucous dance tune that would do well in a disco. How do you get his music in your local DISCO?
Last edited by yank on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Al Has Peeps To Do This, No?

Post by anthontherun »

:welcome:

I'm not a big chess player but Weird Al Trivial Pursuit is long overdue.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Al is played very rarely. One local station used to play Eat It every day at noon. Other than that it's mostly snippets during talk time. He was played twice on nj101.5 the week before the superbowl. Once jn a discussion about what song to play during the cake ceremony at a wedding and once when they talked about dream super bowl acts. He's just not commercial enough for every day play.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

They play Al once a week at least here in Ottawa. I have heard Gump, Bedrock Anthem, Smells Like Nirvana and Eat It on 106.9 the bear and then we got Chez 106.1, world class rock who are talking about the show coming up in Ottawa here, but they never play Al and I've been saying for years they should, especially original cuts. They played Lame Claim To Fame the week the album came out last summer. Alas, it is nothing more than a rare occurrence.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Okay, yank, what does a Nun on the Toilet have to do with Weird Al? The other ideas for chess pieces sound alright.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

In the video "Perform This Way", there is a nun (or is that a nurse?), naked on the toilet reading a newspaper, singing, "....well they can BITE ME baby, I perform this way". Police "Caution Do Not Cross" tape surrounds her.
--How could you have missed THAT?
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

yank wrote:In the video "Perform This Way", there is a nun (or is that a nurse?), naked on the toilet reading a newspaper, singing, "....well they can BITE ME baby, I perform this way". Police "Caution Do Not Cross" tape surrounds her.
It's never shown what she's sitting on! :stupid: You really let your imagination go far :lol:
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

mellow weasel wrote:
yank wrote:In the video "Perform This Way", there is a nun (or is that a nurse?), naked on the toilet reading a newspaper, singing, "....well they can BITE ME baby, I perform this way". Police "Caution Do Not Cross" tape surrounds her.
It's never shown what she's sitting on! :stupid: You really let your imagination go far :lol:
In fact, she was never sitting at all!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Muppetboy09 wrote:In fact, she was never sitting at all!
Yeah, after I wrote my post I realised there's no telling whether she's sitting or standing, but I didn't feel like editing the post :D
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

There I fixed it, above.
I just rewatched PTW video. It showed a sleeveless nun from the waist up, so for some reason I thot she was sitting. Then she dances. Why did I think she was on the toilet? And why does she have the Flying Nun's head thing on???
Weird Al brings out our weirdness. lol :wordcrimes: