Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Getting to know you...and you...and you

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Since folks are posting their pictures and discussing their screen names,
I thought I'd try something to let us know more about each other, while we
await PH day. Anyone interested, just answer the questions below. Feel free to embellish any way you like.

Occupation?

Marital Status?

Favorite Books?

Favorite Movies?

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course)

Left handed? Right handed?

If money was no object, what one thing would you do?

Have any hobbies?

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done?

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents?

I think that's enough. Go ahead...live life large & let us get to know you. :)

sg
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Weird Jenny Yankovic

Post by Weird Jenny Yankovic »

Great idea!

Occupation? None, but I turn 16 on MAY 13!!! Woo! So I hope to get a job soon after I can drive

Marital Status? LOL, none

Favorite Books? I LOVE Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings

Favorite Movies? Weird Al LIVE and this HUGE list of other movies

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) I love The Temptations, The Beatles, Weezer, Jimmy Eat World, Ozma...

Left handed? Right handed? Right handed

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? buy the Rainforest and don't let anybody tear it down.

Have any hobbies? I collect anything that has to do with the music groups that I like

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Ah.... I'm not sure, but one of the most exciting things I've ever done was... Ok, I can't think of a THING right now!

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? Um, I can play ever woodwind instrument except for double reeds and as for hidden talents, ah... I can eat slower then anyone else on the planet
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

Oooh, I love doing these! :biggrin:

<----- Favorite Actor :biggrin:

Occupation? Part-Time Bank Teller right now... I'm gradauting this month & am looking for a real job

Marital Status? Single 8)

Favorite Books? RL Stine :lookround:

Favorite Movies? Clue, My Favorite Year, Bare Essentials, Second Sight

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course)? The Monkees, oldies, country

Left handed? Right handed? Righty

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? Never work again, move somewhere warm, & spend everyday at an amusement park

Have any hobbies? I collect keychains & stuffed animals

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Me, exciting? Well, I wrote to an actor performing at a theater in NYC & I got back the photo I sent signed :D

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? Weeeell... I can play the tambourine & maracus

And...

Favorite TV Shows? Perfect Strangers, Laverne & Shirley

Just something about curly hair drives me crazy (& that's within walking distance)

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Let's see...

Occupation? Office Manager

Marital Status? Single

Favorite Books? Most recently, I read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It was really good.

Favorite Movies? Wedding Singer, Interview w/ the Vampire, UHF (of course)

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Just about everything. my taste in music is very eclectic. (love the beatles)

Left handed? Right handed? Righty

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? I would take care of my friends and family.

Have any hobbies? Singing, working with clay

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Ya know, I'm really not sure, I'll have to think about it.

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? I can sing, and whistle through my hands. 8) LOL!
Captain Wacky
Occasional

Post by Captain Wacky »

Occupation? Stay at home mom to three great boys: Ashton (5), Carter (4) and Kaeden (2)

Marital Status? Married 10 years this August :inlove:

Favorite Books? Failing Forward by John C Maxwell

Favorite Movies? UHF (goes without saying) anything by Adam Sandler

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Kind of on a White Stripes kick

Left handed? Right handed? Right

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? Give it to Opportunity International...an organization that gives small business loans to women in developing countries (teach them to fish)

Have any hobbies? This darn computer, scrapbooking, sewing

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Been to a Weird Al concert (does it get more exciting)

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? I can cry on demand (comes in very handy)

Also, Ryan if you are there...I have your magic bag and if you want it back you can pm me!! ;)

Jennifer
erkman27
Regular

K...I'll bite (not really..usually)

Post by erkman27 »

Occupation? Projectionist at the movie theatre

Marital Status? Single (and lookin) ;)

Favorite Books? Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Clause

Favorite Movies? (duh>) UHF, Labrynth, Superman, The Neverending Story, Ghostbusters..etc, etc

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Bif Naked, Collective Soul, Tiffany (yes 80's "I Think We're Alone Now" Tiffany)

Left handed? Right handed? Ambidextrous

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? I'd be the guru of Al memoribilia!

Have any hobbies? Acting, singing, trying to convince Berm I should be a roadie for The Poodle Hat Tour

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Celebrity Meetings: Al at Alcon '98, Drew Barrymore at a taping of the Tonight Show, Tiffany at her come back tour in '00, Alexander Salkland(writer for the Superman movies) while working at a movie theatre in Sherman Oaks, CA..etc

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? hehe wouldn't you like to know ;)

-Erik
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Occupation? Production artist

Marital Status? Divorced

Favorite Books? atlases and almanacs, bios of people I like

Favorite Movies? Holy Grail, Fargo, Casablanca

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Elton John, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen

Left handed? Right handed? Right

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? Live somewhere with an abundance of sun and hire my favorite artists to do private concerts for me and friends

Have any hobbies? Collecting Al stuff, collecting Elton stuff

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Spending the week out in California last summer to see Al and other assorted friends and fans

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? I'm a trivia queen. I've qualified for Jeopardy twice, but they never called :( I'm also a geography geek -- I know where everything is

El
wwerules
Occasional

Post by wwerules »

OK, here it goes....

Occupation? Babies "R" Us Associate, and a senior in high school

Marital Status? Dating

Favorite Books? The Rock ""Says and It's True, It's True

Favorite Movies? Ready To Rumble, UHF, Independance Day, Forrest Gump

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Good Charlotte, Eminem, New Found Glory

Left handed? Right handed? Right Handed

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? Buy the WWE and turn it around

Have any hobbies? Watching wrestling

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Eat cheese

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? I can make farting noises with my ears.
#WelcomeHomeLeBron
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Occupation? Court interpreter

Marital Status? Not yet.

Favorite Books? I'll read just about anything. My veg-out choices are usually science fiction/fantasy and mystery novels (Miles Vorkosigan! Lord Peter Wimsey!)

Favorite Movies? (aside from UHF, you mean? And aside from Star Wars?) Young Frankenstein, Cold Comfort Farm. Comedy, mystery, romance.

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Paul Simon. And that other guy with the curly hair. I seem to have some classical & folk music too; having become an Al fan is broadening my musical horizons.

Left handed? Right handed? Lefty. Geniuses or insane... you pick. :lookround:

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? I can think of charitable projects I'd like to do... for my own fun, travel and study painting.

Have any hobbies? Watercolor. I'm interested in gardening but don't have much scope for it.

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Um... going to New Orleans to see Mardi Gras and meet (and sleep on the living room floor of) some friends I'd only known online.

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents? I'm in graduate school. I don't think I'm ALLOWED to have special interests for the next few years!
YamiJess27
Obsessed

Post by YamiJess27 »

Lesse here...

Occupation? High School student (does that count? i'm such a loser, i dont even have a job at mcdonald's....)

Marital Status? single

Favorite Books? "Timeline" and "Sphere" by Michael Chricton and the "Incarnations of Immortality" series by Piers Anthony.

Favorite Movies? UHF, Xmen, Xmen2, Anything w/ Jack Black, Harry Potter 2, Grosse Pointe Blank, Stir Crazy, Z-A-Z movies

Favorite Music (aside from Al, of course) Almost every thing!! Good Charlotte, Metallica, Elton John, Beatles, BeeGees, System of a Down, Tenacious D, the list goes on and on...

Left handed? Right handed? Right for most things, but ambidextrous on others..

If money was no object, what one thing would you do? I would move to France and buy one of those really cool castles (like the Chambord) and live there for ever and ever and ever...

Have any hobbies? Al, Computers, Al, daydreaming, Al, music, Al, sleeping, oh and this guy you've prolly never heard of named Al.

What's the most exciting thing you've ever done? Al concert would be #1 most exciting moment, and I guess #2 would be waking up this morning, or maybe my lunch break, dunno. Just goes to show how interesting my life normally is!! I NEED this tour, lol!

Do you have any special interests or hidden talents?

Uhm... I play saxophone (tenor!!!), flute, recorder, keyboard, harmonica(<-- all of those well) and trumpet, clarinet, trombone (<-- not as well)

Whoopdie doo.