Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Anyone who's seen Back to the Future knows the origin of my SN... the flux capacitor (that which makes time travel possible, of course) needed 1.21 jigawatts of electricity to travel through time. I love the BTTF movies, and the word "jigawatt" sounds cool... plus there's one of my favorite quotes from that movie: "What the h*ll is a jigawatt?!?" I got sick of some of the screen names I've used for other things (for instance, I can be found on eBay and Xbox Live as JediKnight27)... so I went with Jigawatt.

Adrian
YamiJess27
Obsessed

Post by YamiJess27 »

Found it odd when I saw the pic of the Halloween show with Al perfoming LAS in his DTBS outfit. Scary little coincidence.

-CindyBob

You thought that was odd? I was there, it was my first Al concert, and I was confused as heck. It wasn't until more than halfway through the show that I figured out what Al was doing. Not to mention the opening act getting kicked off the stage though it was kinda hard to tell whether it was real or staged at first. I spent basically that whole night confused...

My screen name: Jess because that's my name, 27 is obvious, and Yami is a Japanese word that roughly translated technically means "dark." But... its kind of hard to explain what a Yami is. It's kind of like an alter-ego. So... yeah.

Jess

:stupid:
dead_parrot
Occasional

Post by dead_parrot »

Well there's already been discussion about my name, but what the hey.
Anybody who knows Monty Python should know what my screenname means. If you don't know what it means then you have a lived a drab and wretched life and you need to go watch some Monty Python's Flying Circus now.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well my sn is my last name, and my employee number from my old job, which of course i had to pick.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Cameron Stitch
Occasional

Post by Cameron Stitch »

My name is kind of boring. It's... well, my name. :)
Karen
Occasional

Post by Karen »

My screen name here is my first name. Pretty unimaginative, huh?

My Yahoo screen name, is AccordionBob. I wanted to be AccordionBob here, but changed my mind at the last second. :lol: I originally had another Yahoo screen name, but I decided that I needed a "Bob name" after I saw everyone else calling each other Bob. The Accordion part came from when a friend told me that I looked like I could pose as an accordion after I crammed myself into the backseat of her van on a trip to Vegas a few years back. The day after I got that ID, I founded The Weird Al Fanclub for Bobs on Yahoo, which is a semi-popular group about Al that celebrates the name Bob as well.

My IRC screen name is Accordion, because the Bob wouldn't fit, and it was superfluous anyway. :) If I ever see any reason to change it, I usually change it to either Wesley98 or KarenBob. Really confused a couple of the regs on the dementia channel when I first did that, but now they know who I am. :lol:

My AIM screen name is BlueHamster98, because blue is my favorite color, hamsters are my favorite animals mentioned in a song and Harvey The Wonder Hamster is one of my five favorite Al songs, and '98 was when I became a hardcore Al fan.

So there ya go, the genesis behind my screen names. LOL, I'm almost certian there's more, but those are the main ones I post under.

-Karen

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, mine is pretty simple. really. I'm from the city of Algonac, and I'm a chick. So, remember, it's Algonac, not Algona. So many people who see my sn in chatrooms call me Algona. *when they don't know my name yet* Look carefully, folks, there are two "c's".

Patti

Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

"The details of my screen name are quite inconsequential..." Well I got the Tele part from the Fender Telecaster *drools* possibly the greatist guitar.... ever.

Oh. I thought you were related to the Baroque composer Georg Phillip Telemann and you lost the second "n" at Ellis Island.

My screen name is... oh, nevermind. :lookround:

Carole Goetzelmann

(Not!)
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Well there's already been discussion about my name, but what the hey.
Anybody who knows Monty Python should know what my screenname means.

"He's pining for the fiords!"
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, mine is pretty simple. really. I'm from the city of Algonac, and I'm a chick. So, remember, it's Algonac, not Algona. So many people who see my sn in chatrooms call me Algona. *when they don't know my name yet* Look carefully, folks, there are two "c's".

Patti

Until I checked out your profile, I thought you were a chick gone on Al :inlove: