What's your SN mean?

Where all the new WOWAYers can learn!

Moderator: Moderators

snails

Post by snails »

I'm snails because I have a snail collection. Started back in 1980 at the Toronto Zoo on a high school trip. I wanted to collect something that would be a little more difficult to find that mice or frogs. I saw a ceramic snail and for some reason it appealed to me. I now have over 300.

I have a few Al related snails. Shelley gave me a beautiful Pasanky egg with four little snails on it that she made. Squirrelygirl sent me several beautiful snails from California. While in Easton, Pa seeing Al I toured the Crayola factory and made a snail with Model Magic they had there. I got Al to autograph is at a later concert. I have the Peter and The Wolf album hanging on my family room wall ( it has a snail on if for those who haven't seen it ).

I'm pretty much snails or snails62 for most things online.

snails

Lynn
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Well, normally I go by smegabyte2001, but around here I'm just plain ol' Smegabyte.

My screenname is basically a blending of my love of Red Dwarf, my interest in technology, my name and my graduation date, because just plain Smegabyte was already registered at Yahoo. (Bear in mind that I got the screenname before I'd even heard of Al. Sad, isn't it?)

My name is Megan. sMEGabyte.

I watch Red Dwarf. SMEGabyte.

Technology. sMEGABYTE.

Yeah, I have too much free time on my hands.

Smegabyte *what the smeggin' smeg's he smeggin' done! He's smeggin' killed me!*
HappyBirthday1983
Occasional

Post by HappyBirthday1983 »

my screen name...

the "HappyBirthday" part is of course from the song, and 1983 is a random year i chose.

my aim screen name, VeggieEggRoll403 was completly random.

my email, [email protected], is devoted to new york yankees. all very interesting and random. i have never used the same SN twice
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Nobody Knows I'm Elvis

Post by Elvis »

E-mail/amw-a/WOWAYF: Elvis - Because I like Elvis! And way back in late 1993 when I first got online, my cousin told me no one uses their real name online so think up a nickname. And I figured, if Elvis was hiding out anywhere, he'd be online.

AOL IM: AnothrrGuy - because of this article. My alternate AOL IM name, SuzyMeow, is for my kitty, Suzy.

<-- over there.

Yahoo! Groups: elvis9227 - a combination of Elvis (see above), '92 the year I graduated high school, and 27.

Dave
syxtfour
Regular

Post by syxtfour »

Woo hoo, looks like I came up with a good topic after all. :bigups:

Oh, and because others are posting their other SNs, I just wanted to remind everyone that ALL of my SNs are syxtfour. So don't think I was being stingy...stingdey.... uh..."stin-jee", or however you spell it. Obviously, I'm not an orthography enthusiast. A little help, OE?
Hey, snowman with a pine cone head! I HATE YOU!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Ok, now that others are posting their other sns, I guess I will too. I go by alfiesgal on mtv.com and vh1.com. It just means I'm a gal who likes Al, aka Alfie. The true Alfie's gal is Suzanne, as we all know. I also occasionaly chat on IRC, and am known by the sn typoqueen. I don't think I need to explain that one. I basically can't type. hehe!

Patti
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

My screename, Ratbert 197 is based on a charcter in the Dilbert comics named Ratbert, ironically enough. My avatar has a picture of him.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

snails wrote:

QUOTE Squirrelygirl sent me several beautiful snails from California

Aww...you remembered & still have them :) That's so sweet.

Dr. Dad wrote:

QUOTE [And hey, OE! I'm a southpaw too!!!]

As am I :satisfied:

Great topic, BTW!

My husband started calling me Squirrelygirl after an old comedy bit on the

then fledgling Comedy Central. It was called "Monkeyboy" - their motto: "If it's Monkeyboy, it has to be good!"

Monkeyboy was pronounced on three different notes, similar to the old NBC chimes.

Anyway, since my husband is generally bemused, amused and confused and my view of life, he started calling me Squirrelygirl. Besides, I do volunteer wildlife rehabilitation, and since I do dote on the little critters, it just seemed the right name to use. :biggrin:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Monkeyboy was pronounced on three different notes, similar to the old NBC chimes.

Anyway, since my husband is generally bemused, amused and confused and my view of life, he started calling me Squirrelygirl.

I'm sure he means it in an adoring way, but does he sing it?

squirrel-LEEE-girllllll?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I'm also known in many circles as Mickey The Gardener, named after the character in the movie Screaming Skull, which was on MST3K. It's pretty much my main net identity, used for my MST3K discussions (Of course) my various email addresses and my web site. I actually prefer the shortened Mickey T. Gardener, though.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?