Weird Al Halloween costume

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Interrobang
Die-hard Fan

Weird Al Halloween costume

Post by Interrobang »

I have plans to be Al for Halloween, and I'm trying to find the most Al-like Hawaiian shirt that I can get for the costume. I've spent an hour or so combing websites that sell Hawaiian shirts and haven't found one that completely satisfies me.

Does anybody know of one I can get (especially if it's one where the design has been worn by Al in the past)?

EDIT: Doesn't anybody have any advice?
We're gonna yodel like it's 1999!

You weasel-faced dog boy!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Weird Al Halloween costume

Post by Killingsworth »

I also plan to go as Al for Halloween, but I was just going to order a W&N hoodie from the mothership and wear a red hat backwards.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth, if you're going as Gangsta W&N Al you'll need to get a Segway or at least a makeshift costume version of one. :S
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
WeirdElla
Occasional

Post by WeirdElla »

I'm going to dress up as Al's old look for Purim, and I bought the Hawaiian shirt in the shop I went to to buy the Vans shoes, so I can't really help :P
"I'd rather have a Big Mac or a Jumbo Jack than all the bean sprouts in Japan."
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Just placed an order for the W&N hoodie...it should be here in two weeks...I wasn't going to spring for faster shipping...I have a Hawaiian shirt my dad gave me, but I doubt Al has worn the pattern before...and I don't really have a curly wig or Al-size fake mustache handy, so I'll just go as a video/performance specific version of Al...sorry Jon, but real or fake, a segway would get too much in the way...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

How is it possible for a Segway to get in the way of anything? It moves for you.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
NH Weird Al Fan
Addicted

Post by NH Weird Al Fan »

Killingsworth wrote:and I don't really have a curly wig or Al-size fake mustache handy
A few years ago, my son dressed up as "classic Al" for Halloween. We bought a Napoleon Dynamite wig, which looks pretty close to Al's early hairstyle. It came with glasses, but they were too big. We bought a cheap pair of men's reading glasses that looked like Al's old glasses, and we popped out the lenses. We found a small fake moustache at a Halloween supply store, and found a colorful Hawaiian shirt at a thrift store.

I'll try to find the pictures and post them later.
8/11/07 Beverly
7/15/08 & 6/26/10 Gilford
8/22/10 Ventura
10/15/11 Boston
5/10/12 Lowell
10/19/12 Beverly
6/7/13 Lebanon
6/8/13 Keene
10/5/13 Hampton
6/4/15 Concord
6/6/15 Foxwoods
8/4/15 NewBedford
9/1/16 Lowell
9/2/16 Gilford
9/14/16 Providence
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Interrobang, I own several shirts just like ones Al owns. If you can find one, I suggest a Planet Hollywood shirt. Al owns one, and it's a pretty wild design. I wore mine to the store one morning, and the cashier said it was too early for a shirt lke that. HA! I paid about $15 for my Planet Hollywood shirt, but I've seen them on ebay for even less. Really, any Hawaiian shirt will work. The louder the print, the better.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
BIGAlfan2711
Regular

Post by BIGAlfan2711 »

I was the original Al for Halloween last year. all I did was buy a Hawaiian shirt from a thrift store and bought a Napoleon Dynamite wig & glasses set from Party City. I spray-painted the wig black. I didn't get an accordion (still don't!!!!!!) so I was accordionless. Happy Halloween, Interrobang! :D :great:
Al's working on Album #14 RIGHT NOW (kinda)!!!!
Weird Al: The Book is out NOW!
[email protected]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zawesome27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

My W&N hoodie came in the mail a few weeks ago and it is just a tremendous article of clothing. It fits like a glove and is warm on the inside. My other hoodies were quite ill fitting because I had them for a while. I tried it on with the backwards red hat and a baggy t-shirt and it looked perfect. Everyone who I modeled it to responded well to it. My Australian roommate said he couldn't get over how awesome I looked. We were seriously discussing getting me a segway. Actually, I saw a guy on a segway holding a crutch just this morning, but i digress. I've also been wearing my hoodie to classes and kind of all over the place since I've got it because it's getting pretty chilly lately and it is still pretty well received. One guy saw me walk by and just said "yes, you are..." and just last night some guy (who was too drunk to read it himself and asked me what it said) got the wrong message and accused me of hating black people. Strangely enough, he also said "you nerd" after seeing that i wasn't drinking "magic" Gatorade. Oh well. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it. Now, I have another costume that won't leave me cold (I went as Kenny form South Park three years in a row) I definitely don't have buyer's remorse even if one of my other roommates uses it to demonstrate jujitsu shirt chokes on me whenever I wear it...and the very day I got it, that same roommate came out of the closet to me...but that's s story for another time...if I think of any other anecdotes I can relate to this, i will post them, but that's all for now...anyway, Happy Halloween, everybody!