The 8th Horcrux: Harry Potter Parody Band

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Way_Moby
Obsessed

The 8th Horcrux: Harry Potter Parody Band

Post by Way_Moby »

About one year ago I started a wizard rock parody band called The 8th Horcrux with one of my friends. We take popular music and add a satirical Harry Potter edge to all the songs. The band started as a one-time thing, but we soon wrote an entire album's worth of material and released 100 copies of it. We managed to sell all the copies in less than three weeks, which blew my mind. Since then, we've started to write more music.

There are only two people in the band. My name is Paul and I'm the lead male singer, rhythm guitarist, and computer guru. My friend Trina is the lead female singer and lead guitarist. All of our songs are parodies which we record in my basement BUT, I have professional equipment, so luckily, it doesn't sound like poop... Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Here's some fun links...

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-8th-H ... 5701545223
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/the8thhorcrux (Some extra songs available for streaming here...)
Our Bandcamp: http://the8thhorcrux.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Way_Moby on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 18 times in total.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Re: The 8th Horcrux: Harry Potter Parody Band

Post by amzo39 »

Okay I am enjoying I Love Hogwarts very much.

Wrock is awesome so I am checking this out!
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Whoa, what's this??? Actually good, well produced parodies by people with actual musical talent on WOWAY???

Thank you for posting, I like what I'm hearing. I'd love to hear your parody of Teenagers if you wouldn't mind. MCR are one of my favorite bands. :)
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

weirdojace wrote:Whoa, what's this??? Actually good, well produced parodies by people with actual musical talent on WOWAY???
I was just thinking the same thing. Really like I Love Hogwarts. The only problem is I am totally ignorant to everything Harry Potter related, otherwise I would really be digging this. Great work!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

First off, I want to say thanks for all the kind remarks! :)
AAAmerah wrote:Okay I am enjoying I Love Hogwarts very much.

Wrock is awesome so I am checking this out!
I'm glad you like it! One of my other favorite bands, besides Weird Al n' the gang, is Harry and the Potters, and they are really awesome to see live!
weirdojace wrote:Whoa, what's this??? Actually good, well produced parodies by people with actual musical talent on WOWAY???

Thank you for posting, I like what I'm hearing. I'd love to hear your parody of Teenagers if you wouldn't mind. MCR are one of my favorite bands. :)
Thanks! I'd love to post that song if you'd like to hear it. I'll try to post it in a bit! MCR is one of my favorite bands too... I only wish I could write a "Helena" parody!
TMBJon wrote:I was just thinking the same thing. Really like I Love Hogwarts. The only problem is I am totally ignorant to everything Harry Potter related, otherwise I would really be digging this. Great work!
I'm glad you like the songs even though you don't understand Harry Potter. I realize that wrock is kidna limiting to some people, but I'm glad you still enjoy it! :)
Last edited by Way_Moby on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

I have a lot to listen to of wrock but I like the Whomping Willows.

Also, hahaha:

I'm a witch born from Muggles
I think elves just want cuddles

AWESOME
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Very nice! Have you ever performed at any HP cons?
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Orthography Enthusiast wrote:Very nice! Have you ever performed at any HP cons?
We haven't but our location, south of Lawrence, Kansas, means we have an abundance of coffee shops and library to preform at. We're working on getting several set up in the coming months to promote our new album while Harry Potter mania is high. ;)
oddaustin
Regular

Post by oddaustin »

I've never been a major fan of wizard rock (not to say I hate it though), but it's certainly nice to see some well produced music being made here. Well done!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I'm glad you guys are enjoying our music! It really is a lot of fun to record this kind of stuff and have a place to post it!
weirdojace wrote:I'd love to hear your parody of Teenagers if you wouldn't mind. MCR are one of my favorite bands. :)
And our parody of "Teenagers" is called "Death Eaters". It was one of the first songs we recorded, so we're missing some of the subtle bits and pieces that are in the original (such as the second guitar part), but I think it sounds pretty good, and it gets the joke across well enough! Enjoy!
Last edited by Way_Moby on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.