Lousy Haircut - the full-length song!

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

FredHuggins
Obsessed

Re: Lousy Haircut - the full-length song!

Post by FredHuggins »

Very well done! Good work, Jon!
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

Who's Jon? My name's Steve. :-P
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TheLazenby wrote:Who's Jon? My name's Steve. :-P
(*sigh) he wasn't congratulating your mix, Steve...he was congratulating Jon on a joke at my expense...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

And THIS is why I should've posted the damn thing in "Music", instead of the neglected "Fan Creativity".
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Well, TheLazenby, I for one really enjoyed it! :) I'm a huge fan of the Prodigy, and this made my day. You did a really good job with the mix... I love the vocal repeats/fades! If I didn't know any better, I would've guessed it was a genuine parody. :p

Too bad there isn't much there as far as lyrics go, but the sound quality is really, really good! Good job! :)
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

Thank you!
kaztaylor
Requiescat In Pace

Post by kaztaylor »

Killingsworth wrote:Seriously, if this were 2007 and I had just come across the TWAS clip of this on YouTube and later stumbled upon this mp3 on Limewire (probably along with other "comedy" songs often falsely credited to Wired "Al" Yonkowitzki) I would've naturally assumed that he actually did ask Keith Flint for permission to record this number and that he later released it on either BHD or RWS...I probably would correctly assume that he recorded a full length song and didn't make a full length video for it and that it was just used for "flipping through channels" on his show (ala "Fridge" and "Lasagna")...then, my mind would've been blown months later trying to figure out which album it was indeed released on only to find that he didn't release it at all...not even as a single...in fact, he didn't bother to even record that whole song and indeed some other person just mixed the audio from that clip with the real version of "Firestarter"...then I'd think to myself "well, that probably would explain why the lyrics for 'Lousy Haircut' didn't show up on any Al fansite..."
:boot:
"Lasagna" IS a whole song. It's on Even Worse. And :Livin' In the Fridge" is on Alapalooza. They weren't just "pieces."

...but you knew that. Everyone's entitled to one brain-fart a day. At least.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

kaztaylor wrote: :boot:
"Lasagna" IS a whole song. It's on Even Worse. And :Livin' In the Fridge" is on Alapalooza. They weren't just "pieces."

...but you knew that. Everyone's entitled to one brain-fart a day. At least.
I knew that...I was just mentioning how Al made short videos of "pieces" of the song (instead of the full songs) for his kids show.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

I just stumbled upon this, downloaded it and I have to say that the overall production value, quality and editing is quite seamless. Despite the original bit being a short gag on the show, I'd have to say that this is quite impressive.

I'm assuming Steve put this together with Adobe Audition. Either way, Bravo. Sounds cool.
Last edited by Mad Genius on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I actually wonder what program he used too... Sounds impressive!