An open letter to WAY fans and aspiring parodists

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: An open letter to WAY fans and aspiring parodists

Post by TMBJon »

Bobio, great work as always. Just became a fan on Facebook so I can check out new songs and find out about your album.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Bobio wrote:lastly, I'm embarrassed to admit, I have no idea how to release a cd, major research and google mode is about to commence.
If you want some quick advice, I'd suggest getting your CD's made on http://www.discmakers.com. I made a Harry Potter-related parody album in the latter part of last year and got it made via discmakers and the albums were beautiful looking! :)
Last edited by Way_Moby on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bobio
Occasional

Post by Bobio »

Way_Moby wrote:
Bobio wrote:lastly, I'm embarrassed to admit, I have no idea how to release a cd, major research and google mode is about to commence.
If you want some quick advice, I'd suggest getting your CD's made on http://www.discmakers.com. I made a Harry Potter-related pardoy album in the latter part of last year and got it made via discmakers and the album were beautiful looking! :)
Thank you Moby, I will look into that.
Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... lover&aq=f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I'm really excited... Just watched "Party Like a Mormon" again the other day.
Good stuff. ;) Your rapping is very good!
Bobio
Occasional

Post by Bobio »

Way_Moby wrote:I'm really excited... Just watched "Party Like a Mormon" again the other day.
Good stuff. ;) Your rapping is very good!
Thanks for the kind words; I really appreciate the receptive response that I've gotten here, just reflects the fact that we're all WAY fans, and he's a really nice, humble guy. Regarding the rapping, a poster on my facebook fan page, said that my rap skills in "Cold" were outstanding, and my wife laughs, because she says for a white guy from the 'burbs, I'm a pretty good rapper. lol

On another note, does anyone know of a way to increase your youtube hits? I saw a parody the other day, and it was quite good, but the dude had over 200k hits in 3 months, and I was like, "how does that happen?" I heard there's a secret or software, but not sure, if anyone knows, please fill me in. Thanks again
Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... lover&aq=f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

People... watch it. There are ways to increase view count yourself, but that's generally seen as super-not-cool and it's better to get views just by promoting its head off.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Bobio wrote:On another note, does anyone know of a way to increase your youtube hits? I saw a parody the other day, and it was quite good, but the dude had over 200k hits in 3 months, and I was like, "how does that happen?" I heard there's a secret or software, but not sure, if anyone knows, please fill me in. Thanks again
In all honesty, I think your hit count is rather impressive already! I mean, a couple songs have already broke the 'thousand' mark, and "Hard Out Here for a Wimp" is very near 10,000!
Bobio
Occasional

Post by Bobio »

A quick question: does anyone know what's the pros/cons of ascap vs bmi, or should one join both? Thanks
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

There's really not much of a difference. Some days of the year you have a higher chance of making more from ASCAP, other days BMI. Most people I know go for ASCAP.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

A quick scan of Wikipedia shows ASCAP having some criticism, whereas BMI's clients include Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, and John Williams. ;)