Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Post by Heds »

There is no mention of a Heds or Birdy. That article should not be trusted. :x:
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

We're gonna have some cool eBay auctions coming up to benefit Weird Al Star Fund and the first one has just gone live!

First up is some custom artwork from the very talented Aron Jean! You've seen her work with Disney Publishing and most recently on Cartoon Network's "Mighty Magiswords" and now she'll draw custom artwork just for you!

All money raised on this auction will go towards Weird Al Star Fund, so bid early, bid often and proudly display that artwork!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122588542068?ss ... 1555.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Post by M3m3s3 »

Elvis wrote:I asked some other females to participate too but they chose not too.
Some females might have seen the message while they were driving and then completely forgot about it later. :lookaround:
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

I have some amazing eBay auctions to share! All money raised will benefit WeirdAlStar.com!

:accordion:

1981 Knott's Scary Farm concert poster -- Super rare concert poster from one of Al's earliest concerts ever! This is a piece of history! Graciously donated by Bermuda -- yes, that Bermuda!!!

2016 Sturgis Buffalo Chip concert poster -- Another unique concert poster from the personal collection of Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz. This one's got guns and motorcycles and girls and beer -- you know everything you wouldn't expect to see on a Weird Al concert poster. So, naturally, you gotta see it!

Three original Hatch Show Print concert posters -- Three different designs from the Ryman Auditorium and Durham, NC. Very collectible and beautiful artwork -- the colors are so vibrant! Thanks again to Bermuda for the donation!

And if you missed it, we also have:

UHF - Japanese and Australian VHS releases -- super hard to find VHS copies of the movie you all love! Plus we'll throw in a bonus Twinkie wiener sandwich patch!

One-of-a-kind pencil and watercolor artwork by Aron -- From Aron's sketchbook, two styles of Al, and several Harvey hamsters with accordions, and stars

Bid early! Bid often!

:hamsters:

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

I posted some items Bermuda donated over on the Facebook Weird Al Collecting Extravaganza group. If you are a member, check it out! If you're not a member, now would be a good time to join!

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Elvis wrote:One-of-a-kind pencil and watercolor artwork by Aron -- From Aron's sketchbook, two styles of Al, and several Harvey hamsters with accordions, and stars

Bid early! Bid often!

:hamsters:
12 hours left!

Wanted to share a quick update. The latest total for Weird Al Star Fund is $32,582.00!

Remember, donations are the easiest way to make sure we get to our $40,000 goal. We're on our way, but we still need your help! To donate, please head over to WeirdAlStar.com or send PayPal directly to [email protected]. Thanks!

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Elvis wrote: UHF - Japanese and Australian VHS releases -- super hard to find VHS copies of the movie you all love! Plus we'll throw in a bonus Twinkie wiener sandwich patch!
6 hours left!

Dave
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'll be in LA in September for Green Day. I shall go check it out then!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

I just realized that I never posted these auctions here! You might want to follow me on eBay or add yourself to the Weird Al Star Fund Facebook page so you don't miss anything!

5 hours left!
Nipper - 1980 single with Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz on drums
Ludwig Drums Artist 2 poster set + mag feat. Bermuda
Dr. Demento Show - March 1996 - #96-10 - "Weird Al" interview
Westwood One Holiday card 1981 - "Weird Al" Yankovic / Dr. Demento

12 hours left!
"Weird Al" Yankovic "Alapalooza" promotional postcard
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid Tour 1985 Backstage pass
"Weird Al" Yankovic All-Access pass - Mission Viejo private concert

Those are just the ones that end today. I will get the others up later!

Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Yankomaniac wrote:I'll be in LA in September for Green Day. I shall go check it out then!
You do know Al won't get his star until 2018, right? I don't want you walking around aimlessly looking for his star that isn't there yet! Looks like you are gonna have to ask Green Day to come back again in a year. :lol:

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is still cool though, so if you get the chance, go visit it anyway. Enjoy the concert!

Dave