The 40 Hour Famine

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

This was submitted to me as an idea by one of our newer members You Gotta Keep 'Em Separated. Since Our Boy regularly supports charity work, and since we have other members sharing their parodies here, it seemed like a good idea.

In New Zealand we have a program that runs every year called "The 40 hour famine," run by world vision, that raises money to help poor and undeveloped countries. This year my band (Chasing Pink Elephants) and me decided to support this program and "do the famine".

What we are planning do for our forty hours is write, compose, video and upload to youtube one completly new comedy song every hour for forty hours. We are wanting to get tons of sponsers to raise as much money as we can so we can really contribute to helping our fellow man.

Al has inspired our music and we would appreciate if we could have a forum topic about this (In Fan Creativity or any other place appropriate) to promote this project and to get supporters and sponsers.

Thanks for your time
You gotta keep em' seperated
Die-hard Fan

Post by You gotta keep em' seperated »

40 Hours!
40 Songs!
1 Band

Incase you dont know what the 40 hour famine is, and what its about have a look
here:

My Webpage

Normally people dont eat for 40 hours, or dont sleep for 40 hours ect, ect. but we aren't normal. This year we decided to try something a little different. Something that will be enjoyable for us, while at the same time, helping others.

what exactly ARE we doing?
well For 40 HOURS we will be comosing new songs! each hour we must make ONe new song, and have it written and recorded (on video) and put on you tube, for forty hours!

so (hopfully) at the end we will have 40 new songs!

there are some rules we put in place:

1.Each song MUST be a new song
2. it must be more than 1:50 long.
3. it must have at least TWO band members in it.
4. we are allowed to make parodies, but there must be some originals.

We will have one new song uploaded to our you tube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/chasingpinkelephants
(so go over there and subscribe)

We will be going 2 nights without sleep :oo
it starts on 22nd of may at 8pm- 24th may 12pm (which is a Friday-Sunday)

I think this will be hard due to the fact were a comedy band. and we will be tired and grumpy. So if you want to see if we can do it, go and subscribe to our you tube, and if we do it, you should sponsor us :Y

It will be fun to see what happens, so mark it on your calender, and grap a packet of crisps, and watch us suffer! (you know you want to)

Thanks!

Donate here: :hamsters:
donate here!
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
That DOES sound like a face!
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

Aha! As Keegan (I think) asked me not long ago, I'll mention you on my YouTube channel and see if that helps any.

Is there anything I can do (not music-wise) for this?

Video wise..?
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Die-hard Fan

hmmmm :think:
spread the word to all your friends (on video maybe) about our crazy band and our crazy idea!

thats all i can think of.....got any ideas?
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Post by amzo39 »

Ok. Yeah, when I make a new video I'll make it a vloggy thing, and talk about that.. I think I'll post it tomorrow on my channel.

Good luck to Chasing Pink Elephants, this sounds very difficult, but it's made of awesome and decreases worldsuck. (Nerdfighter reference, I don't know.) :D
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
Die-hard Fan

i think i had to be a nerdfighter fan to get that.

i'll just act like i understood.

8)
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
Keeglez
Occasional

Post by Keeglez »

Lol you changed the rules!!
It was THREE band members had to contribute (yes i noticed the capital letters) and it was only 1.30 mininmum lol Ahwell whatever haha.

Yeah Am if you could just watch when we do it and tell all your freinds who make videos and just spread it around in general that would be sweet :Y

And all of you need to spread it around to (yes i'm talking to you). Send a mass email to all your contacts!! Post on other forums. Do all you can. Its supporting Charity so it's a good cause. And please sponsor us. You guys are great!!

Tell them the date and watch the videos as we upload them to our channel http://www.youtube.com/chasingpinkelephants !!! I'm actually hoping to have to have our official band website online by then so we'll have news and updates about it (and hopfully during it) so stay tuned!!

Peace :peace:

P.S Do you think our our songs will get better as we go through or worse lol make a bet with your mates!!

MOD Edit to fix link.
www.youtube.com/chasingpinkelephants
www.bebo.com/chasingpinkelefants

Im in Chasing Pink Elephants! Third Member!!
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Post by amzo39 »

I'm already late with the video.

I meant to make it today but my poor batteries died.

I hope to get some more and then ASAP I'll do the video.

:)
Die-hard Fan

:lol: all good, we have got three weeks yet.

just a note......ever herd of a battery charger. :D
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
amzo39
Off The Deep End

Post by amzo39 »

Yes. I have. But some people only have non-chargeable batteries. :D

:lol: