Comedy Songs You've Written

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Grom
Off The Deep End

Re: Comedy Songs You've Written 1.0

Post by Grom »

I like how your greatness than I is only partly certain.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

First time posting here, since I have a few originals, myself. In fact, I've been in one of those crazy moods to record songs again, after installing my copy of Adobe Audition 3.0, I've had since 2008 (Yeah, three years later and I decide to play with it, wow!) and acquiring a customized electro-acoustic guitar, my grandpa gave to me for Easter.

Recently, I recorded a revisitation to a song I did in 2001, called "Realty Bites! (Gotta Keep Away From the Real Estate)," which I have changed to "Real Estate! Real Estate! (Gotta Keep Away From the Real Estate)," and although some minor changes have been made to the lyrics, the new recording sounds amazing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ws28z9d2zfsl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope you like it.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

You must really get a hardon for unfunny parodies about real estate.
And Peggy
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Glad you liked it, Big Spoon. I'll post more soon.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Why are all of your songs about real estate?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

TMBJon, forgive the tone of my message, but that'd be like me asking if Al's songs are all about food. To answer your question, the answer's a resounding no. Not all of my songs are about real estate, much like Al's aren't all about food.

Much like Al, starting out with songs about food, I started out with real estate. I can tell you all that a lot has changed since. The real reason here is, after installing Adobe Audition 3.0, like last Wednesday (literally!) I was blown away with what Audition 3.0 could do with mastering tracks and thought I'd share these with everyone here, just like old times, when Jace and I used to spend long evenings on Skype, talking about each other's song ideas, and to be perfectly honest, I really do miss him a lot. He, in many ways inspired me to keep at it because there was a time where I just wanted to throw in the towel and stop doing this altogether.

To Jace, I do miss you and wish you were on Skype more, but I understand life has you busy, just like everything else.

Keep in mind, this isn't a slam towards you or anybody else here, as I'm always happy to receive feedback from everyone here, be it positive or constructive. Now that I know how everyone feels, I'll just post something fresh, new and exciting when it comes along. This doesn't mean I'll be taking down my link because that wouldn't be fair to those who missed it, and I know there are some here who do like my stuff.

Anyhow, I think I've said my piece and will carry on, hoping the moderators here don't decide to ban me for the tone and nature of my post.

Regards,

Mad Genius
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah, sorry about that... life does indeed keep me busy and I don't have as much time for the internet as I used to. A lot of my internet visits happen in quick bursts now.

But I will try to be on more often this summer...

The link to your new song didn't work. It says the folder is set to private. Fix?
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

No worries, Jace. It's nice to see you're still alive. I'll tell you what, I'll send the track to you on Skype tonight if you have the time because there are two others I'd love to share with you that I haven't posted here.

Edit: I fixed the folder's attributes. Feel free to download it and tell me what you think, Jace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The difference between Weird Al and you is that Weird Al's songs that are about food are really funny. Your songs about real estate are not. And I don't mean that you aren't funny, just that the songs do not attempt to be. They are just... factual songs about working in real estate.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Thanks for the clarification. To be fair, these songs aren't supposed to be humourous. I guess you can say they're experimental, if not obscure, kind of like They Might Be Giants. Their stuff isn't humorous either, just experimental.