A Birthday Present For Al

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Diva
Addicted

Post by Diva »

All points bulletin:

PM me with your real e-mail address if you are interested in a large collaborative project for Al's 50th birthday. Quilting or sewing skills not necessary but can certainly be accommodated. Same goes for artistic skills, photographic skills, etc.

Cheers, Diva
Hush! Top Secret! :F
Wharf Hamster since September 25, 2002
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

OOOOOOOOOOH! I was thinking this same thing. And I love to quilt. We could have people do pictures or letters or something and I have a program that you can transfer images onto fabric and use those as the quilt square!!!! I volunteer! I volunteer!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Count me in! PM sent!
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
fred27
Obsessed

Post by fred27 »

hush? he reads things here, dont think it will be a surprise anymore
fred

total shows to date, 161
Mashed Potato
Off The Deep End

Post by Mashed Potato »

I don't think he would read a thread that says something about his birthday present(s).
Just in case:

Al, GTFO you snoopy dude-man! :P
SWIGGITY SWOOTY
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Mashed Potato @ January 11, 2009 03:58 am wrote: I don't think he would read a thread that says something about his birthday present(s).
Just in case:

Al, GTFO you snoopy dude-man! :P
LOL Jess!! :o :lol:
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Well, (even though I doubt Al would be anything like me) I hate all sort of surprises that involve "white lies" to cover them up. I'd rather have people tell me "we're throwing you a birthday party, all you need to do is show up" (and seriously, does a person need more detail than that?) than having all my friends and family lie to me for weeks beforehand.

Wow, when did this forum become about me? Anyway, my point is "hey, we're planning to give you a birthday gift, the specifics of which you won't know until you get it" is not the same as spending ten months going "oh, no, we're not going to give you a birthday gift because you're not special at all" hoping that the "surprise" will make up for all the time he felt like crap. And it's not the same as "hey, your birthday present is going to be a rabid wolverine, so have a cage ready in your house", which would be spilling the beans about the gift and the details (even though I still can't see what's wrong with that).

Anyway, I'd rather Al reads this thread than the drool topic. So there.
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
smbbyz73
Occasional

Post by smbbyz73 »

Has anything been planned that I missed?

~Susie
Lord, please break the laws of the universe for my convenience.---Emo Philips
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

smbbyz73 @ October 13, 2009 05:31 pm wrote: Has anything been planned that I missed?

~Susie
Well, there's going to be a tweet-in to try and get Al inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Details here.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?