Uhf Shirts

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

this_is_the_life Posted on Jun 21 2007, 07:23 PM
  QUOTE (Aron @ Jun 20 2007, 04:21 AM)
It makes me wonder if he has permission to sell merch with those names and phrases on them. 

Good point ... I hadn't thought of that. Is it legal, what he's doing? Because if not then I won't buy one ... 

I wouldn't think it was legal, unless he wanted to donate the proceeds to the Star Fund.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

Squirrelygirl @ Jun 21 2007, 04:37 PM wrote:
I wouldn't think it was legal, unless he wanted to donate the proceeds to the Star Fund.
Weird Al Star Fund has permission to sell what they sell at the W.A.S. store.

As for these, I can only wonder. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

What, if you buy a shirt that says U62 on it, you're gonna get arrested? I don't think Al is gonna be terribly bothered by what this guy is selling. I mean, it's getting more attention for UHF, and we all know UHF doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

childofthespiral @ Jun 21 2007, 11:27 PM wrote: What, if you buy a shirt that says U62 on it, you're gonna get arrested? I don't think Al is gonna be terribly bothered by what this guy is selling. I mean, it's getting more attention for UHF, and we all know UHF doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.
It's also a matter of respect, and trying to profit off of someone else's material/concepts/names/ideas is not very respectful.
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
GAME OVER
Addicted

Post by GAME OVER »

Love the shirts. Yeah, its disrespectfull to Al!!
Stolen. Plundered. Purloined. Ha,ha. Loins.
Jake
Occasional

Post by Jake »

The designs are awful, and the shirts will just be iron on transfers anyway. I wouldn't waste my money. Also while not entirely legal I think they'd get away with selling them if it came to anything as they don't use al's or michael richard's images
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

I don't believe I will buy one either. I didn't stop to think it would be disrespectful to Al if I bought one. Thanks for the heads up. :)
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Uhf Shirts

Post by anthontherun »

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Most likely it was created by their wardrobe department.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

anthontherun wrote:Anyone know where to buy the shirt Adam was wearing on The Goldbergs last night?
Looks like this one to me, the 3rd result on google images :rolleyes: . Expensive as hell though :wacko: . Edit: Also now I noticed it's sold out.