Straight Outta Lynwood Special Edition

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Yeah, that one probably cost $15 to make, and look at how well that one turned out.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I honestly don't see Al doing this. I guess it would be a good way to boost sales, though.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

QUOTE (Insert Coin(s) to Continue @ Mar 20 2007, 02:07 AM) Image
[/quote]

If Al releases a special edition SOL, I'll disappointed if he doesn't use this cover
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

QUOTE (Insert Coin(s) to Continue @ Mar 19 2007, 06:25 PM) Hopefully, by the time this (hopefully) happens, someone will have animated videos to the other two songs we don't have yet, or he'd just throw together a couple of lower-budget videos for them just for the set (think 50 Cent's The Massacre).
[/quote]

Would you really WANT Al to throw together some last minute cheapo videos? Personally, after some of the stinkers we've had from this album, I'd much rather he either spend the time and money to do them right or not do them at all. I'd rather have no video for "Confessions Part III" than some crapfest like they did for "Pancreas."

That's another problem with these videos. They've reduced the level of expectations we have for Al's videos. Al's videos have always been superb, but some of these animated ones are really soiling that reputation in my opinion.

That's not to say that a low-budget video can't be good. "Christmas at Ground Zero" and "Bob" were incredibly low-budget, but both of them were excellent. And some of these animated videos have been excellent as well. But I wouldn't want Al to rush out some crappily made, inexpensive videos just so that he could have one for every song on the album.
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

I actually have a quite different idea of the cover. picture al, standing on a train, holding the pole. There are countless people on the train around him, including suzanne, Joel Miller, and a boy scout. Oh, and get this he is wearing Bela...ON HIS HEAD. and we can call it poodle ha...wait...nevermind
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

:lol:
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Good one, look! *I'll just call you that, since I have no clue what your sn means.*
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh
Obsessed

Post by lookatthenumbersinIandlaugh »

I wanted to make a 27 letter long sn...but I was young and naive, so it didn't come out the way I wanted it to

but I don't know why, I always pictured it that way :P
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I agree with what Bruce said (except that I also love the "WSD" video). I don't want to see any more videos unless they are live action videos. Out of all the animted videos that we've had for this album, no more than two of them have been above the level of even decent.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Agreed. Only CBNC and ISY have been outstanding. VA and DICYO were decent. All the others have been crap.