Polka Your Own Eyes Out

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

jfuller89

Post by jfuller89 »

Sorry to boost an old thread from the dead, but I'm not yet allowed to post new topics in here- and this seemed like an appropriate place for this.

The other day, a friend of mine finally finished recording a polka medley of "Weird Al" songs, entitled "Polka #27". It's got one song from each album (or two mini-songs in the case of UHF), and I suppose it's pretty okay.

You can find it at The Marc and Jon Soundclick Page, under "Music"- it should be the first song you see.

Hope it doesn't burst too many ear drums.

Jon
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

jfuller89 @ Dec 8 2006, 06:44 PM wrote: Sorry to boost an old thread from the dead, but I'm not yet allowed to post new topics in here- and this seemed like an appropriate place for this.
First off, you rock for this. :bigups:

Second, it says you need to register to download it...is there anyway you could put it on yousendit or something?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Wow! That was actually REALLY GOOD! I was very pleasantly surprised by that whole thing! Very nice work! Interesting choice of some of the songs ("Traffic Jam?"), but other than that, it was pretty much flawless. I like how you used "Fun Zone" and many "Ear Booker Polka" elements for your transitions. I also like how in several spots it just goes seamlessly from one song into another as if they're part of the same song.

I also really loved that you ended it with one of my favorite, and most underrated songs!

Again, GREAT JOB!!!!

:bigups:
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

That was really great! Just how did you throw together such a great instrumental like that?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

That was awesome!
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath
jfuller89

Post by jfuller89 »

Haha, thanks so much for the feedback- it's quite an ego boost.

As for the instrumentals, Marc and I have been doing this sort of stuff for a while now, and I've just picked a few tricks up here and there.

Here's a Yousendit link, for those of you who don't want to deal with registering:
http://download.yousendit.com/AA18287D6F8D1576

Thanks again!

(And coincidentally, feel free to listen to any of the other songs on that site- except for Chuck's House Remix and Voices Techno. No one really needs to listen to those, lol.)
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

Great job! Can I put that on "Weird Al" Tribute Dot Com?
Danicrzy
Regular

Post by Danicrzy »

Awesome!! Great choice of songs and nice arrangement. I enjoyed listening to it.
Last edited by Danicrzy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan Since Discovery in 2003
I was born to experience Weird Al.
jfuller89

Post by jfuller89 »

Absolutely! It's pretty cool that a site like that actually exists- I'm gonna have a bit of fun going through and listening to the songs up there.
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

jfuller89 @ Dec 8 2006, 06:49 PM wrote: Absolutely!  It's pretty cool that a site like that actually exists- I'm gonna have a bit of fun going through and listening to the songs up there.
Great! I'll get it on there tomorrow morning.

Edit - Okay, you guys are now on the Tribute Songs page of "Weird Al" Tribute. You're between Jake Waters and Jared Claxon. I linked your Sound Click page, you can send me a different link if you have one. I also would like a picture, but if not that's okay.

The MP3 link is Polka #27