Possibly Ot--has Anyone Ever Submitted To Dr. D

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Re: Possibly Ot--has Anyone Ever Submitted To Dr. D

Post by weirdojace »

Yeah, I was 16. Admittedly, I think that song is terrible now. But it was probably the first somewhat listenable thing we ever put out. It took two years before he finally played one of our songs again. Once we were accepted as members of The FuMP, he began playing our stuff fairly regularly.
giantlobsterrobot
Regular

Post by giantlobsterrobot »

Way_Moby wrote:
giantlobsterrobot wrote:Awesome! What is it called?
It's called "Privet Drive," I posted it in my thread about The 8th Horcrux if you want to hear it. It's about Harry Potter.
I just listened to the song and it's awesome! Great job. I'll definitely be playing that for some of my family. I was supposed to release a Harry Potter song on my last cd in October of 2010. I'll post it in the thread of parodies. I don't have it recorded, but I'll post the lyrics.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

weirdojace wrote:Yeah, I was 16. Admittedly, I think that song is terrible now. But it was probably the first somewhat listenable thing we ever put out.
That's probably the same feelings Al has about My Bologna, but being the devoted fans we are, we obviously aren't inclined to agree. :P
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
A-Log
Occasional

Post by A-Log »

Back around 2004, I sent him a recorded version of "Groucho Marx's Mustache" which I recorded on cassette tape with MIDI of the original song and I had to do the fade-out by turning the volume. Dr. D never played it, but he does play it to himself whenever I request it for airplay. Still thinking of rerecording it one of these days. I've also submitted a version of Hurt as done by Gollum of Lord of The Rings; again no airplay. But I still refuse to give up!
michaelt4
Occasional

Post by michaelt4 »

weirdojace wrote:And I made #1 on the Funny 25 countdown for 2010 with Raichu a Song. I vividly remember the day he played "I Cannot Sing." It was my first time getting played and I ran around the house yelling, "Mom!! Dad!! I got played on Dr. Demento!!!!" I'm pretty sure they had no idea what I was talking about.

And you got 25 with Burning Ambitions.
Draggin' along my big leather suitcase and my garment bag and my tenor saxophone and my 12 pound bowling ball and my lucky, lucky autographed glow-in-the-dark snorkel!
sunbakedrecords

Post by sunbakedrecords »

I think it's awesome that your band has been played frequently on the show, Jace. I've been listening for over 20 years now. Scary...
I have submitted a few things I think he played a jingle I wrote once, but that's about it. Perhaps I will put some more stuff out soon, but life has gotten in the way a bit.

Wow...old topic.
LovelySortsOfDeath
Occasional

Post by LovelySortsOfDeath »

Thanks! (This is Jace, by the way. New account because the old one is banned for some reason.)

My band still gets played on Dr. D somewhat regularly. We got played this past week, even. It's always cool to see our stuff on the playlists. Here's everything he's played of ours since my last post:

drd13.0928.html:Sharktopus - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd13.0420.html:The Environment - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.1124.html:Lizards In The Sky - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.1117.html:Fishfucker - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.1027.html:The Halloween That Came Before November The First - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.0929.html:I Lurve Nashville - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.0623.html:Sharktopus - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.0421.html:Black Holes Suck - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd12.0407.html:Radiation Mutation Transformation - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.1231.html:#11 Avada Kedavra - Steve Goodie w/ Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.1105.html:Avada Kedavra - Steve Goodie w/ Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.1105.html:#10 Hulkulele - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.1001.html:Hulkulele - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.0625.html:Pac-Man - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
drd11.0528.html:#10 I Never Go To Work - Nuclear Bubble Wrap
A-Log
Occasional

Post by A-Log »

Two months after I posted on this topic back in 2011, Dr. Demento played a track of mine for the Bonus Tracks portion. It wasn't a parody, but it was a break-in record ala Dickie Goodman and Whimsical Will. So far, I've been played about four times, even if it they were one time plays. Here's the proof:

drd13.0629: Hey, Lone Ranger! - Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto
drd12.0505: Hey Dictator! - A-Log
drd12.0211: Paging Dr. House - Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto
drd11.0716: Smurfin' With The Smurfs - Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

Break-ins are a little easier to do, but I'll hopefully get a parody or two on Dr. D in the near future.
sunbakedrecords

Post by sunbakedrecords »

I remember hearing some of your stuff on the show A-log; I've always been quite the fan of those break-in style records. I was cracking up at some of the song choices on your interviews! Great material. I used to make them with my dual cassette deck and Tascam 4-track when I was in high school. If you're ever interested in collaborating, let me know!

Anyhow, I have a few things I have been thinking of recording and sending in. I was an active member for awhile over at the mad music archive, but my account (along with all of my material) was lost from both there and the fump. So, I think it's time to begin anew.
TheLazenby
Addicted

Post by TheLazenby »

I considered sending the best version of "Black Gold Made Santa Go Crazy", but I wasn't sure if he'd ever play that.