Dr Al

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Hehehe... As 2 of you may know, I've been writing a mysterious fan-fic lately. Well, if anyone wants me to, I'll post it here - a chapter a week. Anyone interested?
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Yeah, go ahead. I'd like to read it.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Ok. :unsure:

Chapter 1
Streams Cross

*cue Dr Who music (for dial-up)* or *cue Doctor Al Title Sequence (for broadband faster than 340kbps)*

The TARDIS gently hummed as it flew through space and time. The Second Doctor was extensively searching through the infinite depths of the blue police box looking for a book on how bowling and the periodic table relate. Jamie was asleep, bored out of his wits by the TARDIS’s sudden inability to travel at any worthwhile speed for scouting about from one side of the universe to the other. The Doctor, fed up with searching, went to bed. However, as he did, he never suspected why the TARDIS was malfunctioning…

As the Jackson, MI concert by parody artist “Weird Al” Yankovic drew closer and closer, the star of the show became more and more nervous. He didn’t know what it was; whether it was because Bela became ill with monkey flu, or whether it was because Rubén had started curling up on the floor and screaming whenever someone mentioned a cone bra, Al didn’t like the signs one bit.

As he got ready for the concert that night, Al was so nervous he ate an accordion. He even ran backstage 2 min before the start after he heard a slight interference in the guitar amp. But he knew the show must go on.

In the end Al started to play “Angry White Boy Polka”, a lively rendition of various popular songs at the time on his accordion. However, the interference got worse… and worse… and worse…

The Doctor awoke with a jolt as he heard a grinding sound coming from the control room. He ran in and the scanners showed that the TARDIS was about to make an emergency materialisation, apparently not too far from powerful electrical equipment. As the TARDIS materialised, he knew exactly why this was.

100 screaming Al-Gals, and several hundred others, shot silent as the faint outline of a blue box faded into existence behind Al. The music tapered off, and Al turned around to see what was happening.

The box made a very strange noise as it materialised, much like a rusty metal rod being rubbed with a key. The doors on the box swung inwards, and a strange man wearing a black coat, along with another fairly non-descript man.

The crowd gasped.
“Uh… hello… everyone” said the first.

Al slammed down the phone. Al’s manager had almost fired him, and hundreds of press members nearly tipped the tour bus over. The strange man and his companion were waiting at the other end.

“Excuse me” Al shouted, “but could you come here for a minute?”
The Doctor and Jamie walked to the other end of the bus, where the long curly-haired man was waiting.
“My manager and I have a proposition for you. If you are able to pay off your thousands of dollars in debt by working for us, we will let you go home and destroy whatever that optical illusion was,” said Al.
“Yes, all right,” replied the Doctor. He was going to get back to the TARDIS, no matter what…

The following day, Al had miraculously re-scheduled a concert for that night. He sat in comfort as the strangers washed dishes.

The Doctor still had absolutely no idea where the TARDIS was. However, he did know it was safe, and the emergency unit he created from a shattered piece of microchip on the stage could help him get back to it when he had enough time.

Meanwhile, a group so sinister, not a soul could even contemplate their evil, was plotting again. The Legion of Really Obnoxious Musicians had heard of the incident, and after kidnapping a team of expert scientists, realised that the “big blue box” the two people arrived in held the key to the ultimate success of the legion.
“Yo, homedog, have ya got da piece?” asked Coolio rather obnoxiously
The Purple Midget walked out from behind the blue box, now sitting in an alleyway behind the concert venue. He held up the tiny piece of blue metal and put the circular saw in its case. The threesome then quietly walked out of the crime scene; avoiding detection by the obese, drunken police guard slumped down by the tape.

Al was still angry. A man had almost ruined him! Now Nina could no longer have the award-winning baby food she liked, or Bela her aromatherapy dog spa. Life was never going to be the same.
The concert turned out a crowd of about 50. In fact, the most part of the audience were the Amish, coming to see Al’s first concert without the money for electrical equipment. They were the only ones who hadn’t heard the unfortunate news.

Life wasn’t that good for the Doctor either. He had ruined the emergency unit after spraying it with water. Jamie tried repeatedly to escape, but to no avail. The tour buses were very, very quiet the following morning.

Days and weeks rolled by, endless days and empty nights. The audience levels were slowly dropping and by the time Al got to Oregon, he had given up. Al’s manager ordered that the two mysterious men be packed into a dog kennel and sent home with Al to work for him as a slave. Obviously, Al knew the sudden disappearance of his fan base was driving Jay to the brink of insanity, but he still had a contract to complete.

“I wish those lawyers had allowed Volcano to drop me. It’s rather useless having a dead artist to drag around for a few years”. Suzanne looked worriedly at her husband and went to get another piece of vegan pizza for him.

But as Al waited some time, he realised Suzanne had not returned for ½ an hour. He went downstairs and just saw her scream silently as she faded into nothingness.
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Al screamed. The Doctor and Jamie ran out of the kitchen and witness the curly-haired man fall on his knees and cry and cry. He realised something strange was going on several hours later when Al was finally able to recount the devastating effects of that afternoon.

“Yes, Jamie,” whispered the Doctor, “it seems as if she had been locked in a state of partial existence for some time. The only explanation I can think of is… some kind of time-scoop. A very primitive one, yes, but nonetheless…”
The Doctor again cautiously walked over to Al.
“You see sir, I believe I may be able to get your wife back. Are you able to take us back to where we came from?”
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I probably should have told you all, but if anything in the story is corny, it's because it's trying to simulate the very corny style of acting back then.
kaffy©
Obsessed
Location: In Between Corn and a Major City, others call it NW Indiana

Post by kaffy© »

Wow! :o

thats pretty good Mewrio!! ;-) so far anyhow .. heh
Kaffy©
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al-Team #2771
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I have the next chapter finished, but just like the show, I'm going to keep you in suspense. :Y
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

I think it's gonna be very exciting! B)
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I'm ready for the next chapter! Very good so far Mewrio!
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

That's cool! I loved Doctor Who, it was so beautifully cheesy! This is a very good story, I want to hear more. NOW!!!!!! or whenever you're ready.....
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

As promised...

Chapter 2
The Saga Begins

“Hey!” a high-pitched voice squealed obnoxiously, “we’re receiving Suzanne on Channel 61 ½!”
A short white column in the centre of the room started glowing, and inside the primitive box sewn together from the purple midget’s many purple coats, Suzanne was materialising. Her screams slowly filled the room, and Eminem decided to put on some earmuffs.
The string bean nerd sitting at the controls rhythmically pushed at buttons and turned dials. He slowed down Suzanne’s materialisation until she completely existed and turned around towards his masters without blinking.
“Yeah, ya’ finally here. Listen, we got little task for ya, ya know what I’m sayin’?”
Prince stood up at a podium. Over the front was the symbol of The Legion.
“Suzanne, you should feel honoured,” squeaked Prince obnoxiously, “that you are to be the first non-Brazilian woman to travel through time. You shall be massively cloned and spread throughout all periods of history. If you succeed, we shall each try in turn”
The nerd frantically pulled levers and turned dials. A number appeared on a screen above Suzanne. First 1, then 2, then 4… and the number got bigger and bigger. With every click of the overhead screen Suzanne grew weaker and weaker. Eventually, at 160,000, Suzanne dematerialised again.

“Well, here it is.” The Doctor chortled. He pulled the small key out of his pocket and turned the lock. The doors opened, and the Doctor beckoned Al inside.
Al watched in awe as the enormous room unfolded before his eyes. The walls had a strange circular pattern etched into them, but the most interesting feature was the large hexagonal desk sitting in the middle of the room. Sprawled around all sides of it were dozens of controls and predominantly in the centre was a long clear column.
“Jamie, fetch me my Sonic Screwdriver. It must be in the library”.
The other, younger man ran down a corridor. Al, still bedazzled, watched as this strange man fiddled with the desk in the middle. The doors behind him mechanically closed, and a familiar sound filled the room, again like a metal rod being rubbed with a key. The column in the middle moved up and down and the older, more intelligent man also walked off down the corridor.

Only minutes later, the column slowed tremendously and a horrid grinding noise came from all around. The Doctor rushed in and shouted angrily. The TARDIS was about to make another emergency dematerialisation. He braced for the worst as it shook wildly. The doors were flung open and Al realised they had appeared somewhere in the desert. Jamie rushed in finally, badly bruised after being thrown at the wall along the corridor.
“We’ve materialised somewhere with North America. It seems to be 2 days since we left. It seems there’s some kind of mass time-corridor, preventing us from moving too far within the fourth dimension. So, with only the ability to travel through space, I’m going to try to enter one of the time corridors.”

They closed the doors. Jamie ran off to one of the error message reporting machines, while Al was instructed to firmly lock himself in one of the many bedrooms. The Doctor fiddled for hours with the controls before dematerialising. He locked himself in his room and hoped for the best.

“What the **** is goin’ on man? Something’s coming through on Channel 26 ¾!” Em shouted at the nerd. A loud banging noise came from the box, and the TARDIS materialised. Al, Jamie and The Doctor walked out.
“Hello, Al,” the legion said in an eerie harmony.