Dr Al

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Chapter Five
The Legion Comes to Time

“ACTIVATE ELECTROMAGNETS!” a well-dressed army leader shouted. A team covered in light radiation suits ran over and pressed a nice, shiny red button. The spaceship guided in towards a large dartboard projected on the wall. It suddenly shut down, and the three hostages slowly emerged from inside.

“Doctor. I thought I’d never see you again,” the Master shouted from up at a control deck. He casually walked down a flight of stairs and came face-to-face with the Doctor once more.
“As we prepare to leave Doctor, remember I’m in no state to cause any more paradoxes. It’s not impossible, you know,”

The Master walked powerfully over towards a purely glass cabinet. Almost the entire workforce that had been coaxed inside the comet stood completely still, silence the only thing left in the room. He pulled out two keys from each pocket and proceeded to dramatically put them into the two locks on the cabinet. Continuing his perfectly symmetrical feat, he pulled open the doors and grasped his hands around the industrial strength dematerialisation circuit, an extremely large tri-column metal with the blackest of rubbers pressed onto the end of each cylinder. He turned suddenly and walked over towards a TARDIS console at the other end of the platform he had been standing on. It rose dramatically from the ground to bring the bottom of the console to the same height as the circuit. The Master slowly but graciously placed it inside an open panel. He then stood back as the panel closed and the console returned to its normal height.

“And here we go Doctor. The machine that makes it possible.”
He beckoned the three of them up a flight of stairs onto a deck. As they reached the top, all of them stopped. Below them was the biggest object they had ever seen in their lives. A triangular ring of green sparks flowing too fast for anyone to see clearly lay before them, further than the eye could see. It was hissing and crackling, trying to remind them of the bleak future that was ahead.
“The Neutron Capacitor. It’s been charging energy from our nuclear reactors for several days now.”
“You mean to say that this machine down here is going to give you 200 Gigawatts of energy in a burst equalling about two minutes?” Al suddenly asked. His superior mind had worked out the details in seconds, but the Doctor already knew what it was for.

“As I prepare to step forward into the history of the universe, along with my fellow sadists here, you shall be destroyed by the sudden outburst of energy retracting back into the capacitor. You will live just long enough to see what we will do to this world! Legion! Prepare to enter the chamber!” the Master shouted in a triumphant tone.

He walked back over to the TARDIS console and set in a few coordinates. He connected a timer to one of the control panels, and quickly ran and stood himself inside the glass chamber the other three stood in.

The neutron capacitor started to glow. The Master waved goodbye to those who remained. The crew of the comet had already left. A huge red switch on the TARDIS console flipped itself, and the column in the centre of it began to move.

“YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU DISGUST ME…” Eric shouted. He spat over the sidebars of the platform. That tiny drop reached the capacitor, and with that, the air around them was torn by the roar of electricity. The column in the middle was flailing up and down and the four time-conquerors evaporated in a shower of particles. Suzanne and Jamie flew out of a pipe near the chamber. All lights had gone out, except for the bright red ones signalling the danger.
“ERIC! YOU JUST REVERSED THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOWS!” the Doctor screamed at Eric. Now there was very little hope at all for any of them…

The now five of them crouched under a table, shivering, quaking. The almighty rumble emitting from the capacitor told them all that only the greatest of miracles would save them.

And that is what they received.

With a final burst of energy, the capacitor threw 3 lightning bolts into the air. The comet was starting to break up, and the room suddenly got hotter as the reactor started to meltdown. But despite all this, those three lightning bolts hit each other at the very tips. The glass chamber disappeared without a trace, and the Doctor’s TARDIS rematerialised at his very feet.
“Everybody in the TARDIS!” he shouted. Seconds later, it had dematerialised again.

After fiddling for hours with the coordinates while in space, it arrived back outside the Yankovic’s household. The three less unlikely travellers quickly stepped outside, glad to be back on good old Earth. The TARDIS suddenly swung closed and dematerialised without even a goodbye.

“So, um… Al… can I go home now?” Eric asked.

*cue Doctor Who Theme*
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I've added it to the beginning of the story anyways, but if you want to see it now, here's the link to my Doctor Al Title Sequence. If you have Broadband faster than 340kbps, you can stream this. If you don't, or just plan to watch it a fair bit, please download it with a download manager such as Fresh Download. Special thanks to Chris Sutor for the re-rendered, original Doctor Who title sequence.

But meanwhile, stay tuned for my teaser title sequence for Doctor Al 2... :ph34r:
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

:lol: That's pretty good, but it still says Dr. Who.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Well technically, it IS Doctor Who. It's a sub-series, sort of. Like The Daleks, the Cyberman or *shudder* the Autons. Plus, if I wanted it to say Doctor Al, I would've had to edit it frame-by-frame. I don't have the software or the patience to that.

Oh yes, I promised you all a cheesy teaser title sequence for Doctor Al 2, didn't I? :F I'm right onto it.