Way Fans

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

So true, jedimom. In his BTM, Al said his fans were great. That comes right from the Weird One himself! Can't argue with that! He's said in many an interview that he enjoys meeting the fans. That was very evident at AlCon. He made sure everyone got a chance to meet him, get an autograph, and/or a pic with him. With such a sweetheart like that, how could we fans be anything but the best?
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Why is this thread in "Fan Creativity?" Just asking....

BTW, I'm pretty sure I saw Britney Spears (:inlove:)in a TV interview once where she said that her fans were "the best." Oh, well! There goes that idea!
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

So remind me, why is this under Fan Creativity.

Al fans are the funniest because they get their inspiration by the funniest man alive: Al! Probably half the people on this forum are going to grow up to be comedians.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

iisryan27 @ Feb 8 2004, 04:42 PM wrote: So remind me, why is this under Fan Creativity.
I supposed the person who came up with this idea doesn't know the meaning of the word 'creative'.

I believe Al fans are very loyal, unlike fans of other artists, whose interest generally fades within a year.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I know how to make this about Creativity. I think we all agree that Al has some of the nicest fans around. How have other fans shown their "niceness" in creative ways? It can be either to AL and TBITB (and their families) or to other fans.

I can think of some great things, I've seen:

Cid and Kevin made Poodle Hats to give away at concerts. Mine is on my Wall O' Al right now.

Vikki went above and beyond to get an autograph for me, and to make sure that I got to meet our boy.

OE graciously played innkeeper, tourguide and chauffeur so I could see Al for my first concert.

Patti sent me some of her Yummy Al treats. I got an Al cookie, and an Al Head chocolate peanut butter sucker. Yummm.

Dr, Dad and Dave both added some really cool stuff to my WAY collection.

And that's just to name a few.

Anyone else?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Well, I think the whole WeirdAlStar campaign speaks volumes on how cool and creative Al's fans are.

I've also seen some extraordinary generosity made from one Al fan to another. But mentioning their names here might embarrass them. They know who they are. :)

Even though she's not a member of this forum I must give :bigups: to AC for organizing 3 (so far) successful ALCONS.
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I know a few people who were quite creative in getting me some cool autographed stuff. Thanks to both Kristi and Karen. Kristi made sure to send me the autographed "Hi Patti" sign Al held up after the Kings Island show, along with the original pic of him doing so. Karen sent me the very cool autographed copy of Poodle Hat! Personalized! She also made sure to find out if Al got the gifts I left for him after the Meadowbrook show. I was so pleased to hear Al got my stuff, and that he liked my cookies! I also found out he was touched by my note about the quilt, and that he thought it was "very sweet and awesome". I'm so happy that Al has such nice fans that do things for each other!

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Al has some REALLY nice fans here. Especially one in particular, Bobbi. She's given me some things to add to my WAY collection too. Plus she's a caring person too. Oh and Patti's cool too.........I guess :P
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Watch it, Driew. I may not ever send YOU any Al chocolates :P

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

algonacchick @ Feb 8 2004, 10:33 AM wrote: Watch it, Driew. I may not ever send YOU any Al chocolates :P

Patti
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :nervous:

You are the nicest person here, and and and and y-y-y-your typing skills are the best here.......yeah......okay I'm going now you can put that gun down.......
In hiding since 2010