Weird Al Wrapping Paper?

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

A friend told me how I could make my own homemade wrapping paper and she knows how much my son loves Weird Al and thought it would be cool to wrap some of his presents in Weird Al wrapping paper. Basically you just take whatever pictures you have arrange them however you want on your printer/scan/copier and print out as many pages as you would need to wrap one or more presents. But I was wondering if it is legal to use the covers of all the Weird Al albums to do this for just home use? Considering the copyright law. What do you think?

Trixie
Weirdstef
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

If Al's peeps don't know about it...

Actually, most of what we do with Al's image (avatars? What avatars?) is probably technically illegal. However, if you are not doing it for sale, and Al's income isn't being hurt, I don't see the harm.

I mean, you're planning on wrapping a gift for your son. Not selling it, right?
weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

Yea, I just plan on wrapping some of his presents with it not selling it unless I buy it from myself because I don't know how good it will come out. But I thought it would be cool.

Trixie
Weirdstef
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

scottidog @ Dec 3 2003, 10:51 PM wrote: Actually, most of what we do with Al's image (avatars? What avatars?) is probably technically illegal.
How can that be true? Using avatars here is something between fans and no money is changing hands. Most of my Al-related avatars are from photos I took myself (or a friend took for me) anyway. I like the wrapping paper idea. I shows there's extra thought and effort involved in the gift.
This means something. This is important.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, I was talking about the avatars that are made with screen captures and the like. I guess I didn't actually say that though.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I didn't even know you could make your own wrapping paper like that. Gee, I've been using wild and pretty wrapping paper.

-CindyBob
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I made scottidog wrapping paper a few years back. Some plain brown paper, a sponge cut in a scottie shape, a little paint, and viola!
weirdstef
Addicted

Post by weirdstef »

I thought it would be cool if Weird Al had his own line of wrapping paper for us to buy but since Al doesn't it would be nice to make my own. But I figured that I would put the wrapping paper on a few non-Weird Al gifts and see if my son thinks that they are some of the Weird Al stuff he asked for. I haven't tried it yet I want to get some different colored copy paper first some bright colors to go with the holiday.

Trixie :D
Weirdstef
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I like the idea, but if you knew what I do to wrapping paper on Christmas morning...why would I want to tear Al to shreds?
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

I like to print stuff out on a sheet of tissue paper, and then use the paper to cover over a gift bag. So much easier! I am really lazy with Christmas gift wrapping.