Weird Arts And Crafts

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

The necklace and choker are awesome! I'd wear them anywhere, as I do with the Al jewelry I own. I have a bracelet that says "Weird Al rules" on it *thanks, Diva, and cousin Julie, who restrung it* I also have a bracelet with several 27's on it, also made by Diva, and restrung by an old case manager I had for Laura. Of course, there's my charm bracelet, put together by yours truly. I'd really love to show it off to Al some day. The Hawaiian beaded anklet Helen made will be worn quite often once the summer comes. Al rocks, and jewelry that is inspired by him does, too!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

I really appreciate the compliments, everyone. And Patti, I've seen the pics of your Al-themed jewellery, it's cool! :)

I'll have to make sure I get a photo once I finish my applique'd shirt for the concert, and show you the whole set together! :)

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Sounds cool! I'm sure it'll be really pretty.

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

Wow! I'm really impressed by everyone's creativity when it comes to Al-themed crafts! I bought an instructional book on how to make gel candles but I haven't done anything with it yet, partly because the start-up materials are pretty expensive but I might have to put something together. Maybe get some Al related charms and/or beads and "float" them in the candle or, after the May 2nd concert, put a concert pic in one--yes, according to the book, you can put photos, drawings, etc., in your candle container and pour the gel wax right in there with it. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Oooh, an Al picture in a candle. Sounds interesting...
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Ambra
Obsessed

Post by Ambra »

I came up with a possible idea for the Weird Al Star fundraising. I was thinking of getting stuff to make soaps, either just star-shaped or a star within a square base. It doesn't sound like it's too hard to do--melt the pre-made soap blocks, add fragrance and color, pour into mold. The most expensive thing would be the molds, which are reusable, and the fragrance and coloring which would make several batches. The soap blocks run about $2 a pound which isn't too bad. The scents I'm thinking of using are lavendar for a feminine scent, sandlewood for a masculine scent, and citrus for a neutral scent. I might see if I can find instructions on how to use the pre-made soap blocks to make oatmeal soap too for people with sensitive skin. I get paid next Wednesday and I'm going to try to make a trip to Michael's Arts and Crafts the following Friday to get some stuff and make a batch or two to see how it turns out. Any thoughts/suggestions?
"My mailbox keeps getting vandalized! Every morning it's full of decapitated action figures and empty inhaler canisters!"
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Sounds nice, Ambra!

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
CPFofAl
Die-hard Fan

Post by CPFofAl »

Not sure if this is the place... but I made myself a shirt like THIS:
I was going for a more subtle fan shirt. Whaddaya think?
Go hang a salami, I'm a lasgna hog!

Al Team # 27°
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

That's so cool, CPFofAl! :D I'd wear a shirt with that on it...

- Laurel -
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I love it, CPFofAl! I'd wear it, too!

So awesome!

Al Team #325