WOWAY Tribute Album

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

mewrio @ Dec 30 2005, 05:31 AM wrote: Is that the one with the Microsoft Sam voice?
Yeah, it's the one where it sounds like Bonzi Buddy singing.

That's cool, the27, I always like to hear new Al tributes!
queen_and_weirdal_fan
Obsessed

Post by queen_and_weirdal_fan »

WeirdAbbott @ Oct 17 2005, 03:14 PM wrote: i was hoping to do a cover of Another One Rides The Bus, but i will have to practice it a little.
I was thinking of the same thing!

:D
I'm simple like this, just as simple can be.
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

I'm about 80% done with Belvedere! I will finish, post, and send it to Dr. Demento by February 1st!
AlRox
Occasional

Post by AlRox »

TMBJon @ Jul 25 2003, 04:36 PM wrote: There have been two tribute albums to Al so far, Prosthetic Lips and Me Myself and I. I have a copy of the former but haven't heard the latter.
Would anyone else be interested in helping to produce or contributing to a WOWAY Tribute to Al?
yes!
tell me more info. though and stuff thanks
~"WEIRD AL" RULES~
jeffrey
Addicted

Post by jeffrey »

Im gonna try to do a cover of "Mr. Frump in the Iron Lung"
When did we get a chair on the porch? This is crazy.....
psi_scraper

Post by psi_scraper »

I'm sure this has already been offered by a few other people (I only got to about page 5) but here I go anyway:

I'm an Audio Engineer, who would love to volunteer my services to a project of this sort if it every happens. I can do some OK recording (not a big setup in my house), or people could send me some recordings to mix. Also, I could cover some of the electronic portions of his songs, as I make electronic music.

For a few examples, see www.myspace.com/psiscraper.
To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

-Ayn Rand
CHORUSxOFxTHExRAVENS

Post by CHORUSxOFxTHExRAVENS »

hey... my band, the malnourished children, is not really a comedy band, but yeh we'd love to be on a tribute album, we love al. so should we like make a song about al and send it to somebody? who should we send it to?
schwa
the27
Occasional

Post by the27 »

CHORUSxOFxTHExRAVENS @ Apr 12 2006, 05:46 AM wrote: hey... my band, the malnourished children, is not really a comedy band, but yeh we'd love to be on a tribute album, we love al. so should we like make a song about al and send it to somebody? who should we send it to?
Yo matt, that'd be awesome. Yeah, we can make covers and crap or songs about Al. I think'd it's be more radical to make our own song about but whatever the drummer wants.... Yeah, I'm already I promised them a rap cover of Dog Eat Dog but I don't know if we'll do it so let's make an original.
http://www.myspace.com/malnourishedchildren

malnourished children: geeky electronic garage rock
thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

According to the rules of the tribute albums that have already been released you can cover Al's originals, make originals about Al, or parody Al's original songs. It's kind of iffy, but I don't think you can cover any of Al's parodies or make a parody about Al, unless it's one of Al's originals.

I'd be glad to listen to any tribute you make!
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Anyone cares for a tribute from the one and only Weird Al's Russian fan?

SEVA.
"Synonym" is an anthonym for "homonym".