Covers I've Made

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

claykid12345
Occasional
Awards: nothing

Covers I've Made

Post by claykid12345 »

I've made several covers of Al's work and I have them all on http://www.cjfrewerd.com/covers.htm. Tell me what you think!
...it's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys, it's time to let the bedbugs bite...
Weird Al Concerts I've been to:
6/30/16 - Kansas City, MO (Mandatory Fun Tour)
8/31/19 - Kansas City, MO (Strings Attached Tour)
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Re: Covers I've Made

Post by Mad Genius »

Claykid12345, your recordings aren't bad at all, but I can see why you asked for my rough instrumental mix of Skipper Dan. -One of my friends (and former WOWAY members) is helping me make it sound even better because I plan to release my parody of it.
claykid12345
Occasional
Awards: nothing

Post by claykid12345 »

Mad Genius wrote:Claykid12345, your recordings aren't bad at all, but I can see why you asked for my rough instrumental mix of Skipper Dan. -One of my friends (and former WOWAY members) is helping me make it sound even better because I plan to release my parody of it.
yeah, lol. i finished my instrumental mix but it still sounds like crap compared to yours.
...it's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys, it's time to let the bedbugs bite...
Weird Al Concerts I've been to:
6/30/16 - Kansas City, MO (Mandatory Fun Tour)
8/31/19 - Kansas City, MO (Strings Attached Tour)
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Long before I discovered Karaoke-Version.com, (and by extension when proper instrumental mixes were easily obtainable through means like YouTube) I relied heavily on MIDI sequences, back in the early-to-mid aughts, myself. The problem with MIDI sequences (and not so much MIDI if you're accompanying it with actual instruments) is that even if you have proper soundfonts, sound banks and samples, it's not ideal for voice.

Speaking of Skipper Dan... my friend, Jace finished my updated, commissioned instrumental mix and mulitracks of it, earlier this week, and it took me two whole days for me to record, re-record, edit, clean up and master my vocals (as there's a lot of vocalization in the background) and do a full mix down, and karaoke mix of my parody. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be giving this instrumental mix out freely, just yet, as I intend to 1) debut my updated mix of it at an upcoming con that I'm opening for, next weekend, and 2) release it on my upcoming album about con-going, conventions, and con culture altogether.
PattyCake

Post by PattyCake »

Hello! I was wondering if you were still holding onto the accompaniment you made for Skipper Dan, as I can't find ANY karaoke or accompaniments for it anywhere
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

PattyCake, check your inbox. I sent you a PM.