The Big Weird Al Cosplay Topic

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: The Big Weird Al Cosplay Topic

Post by yankochick38 »

I have a dilemma.

I was kinda waiting for the tour to start to see what prominent costumes would be featured in the show, so that I could cosplay as one of them to the shows I'm going to. The thing is, the most prominent costumes seem to be for Foil and Tacky - the rest are reused, a black t-shirt and black pants, or Robin Thicke. Everyone already seems pretty excited to be wearing Foil and Tacky outfits to shows, which is super awesome and I love seeing more people dressed up every time. But I'm also kinda selfish and am used to standing out at Weird Al concerts. :lookaround: I already know I'll be wearing the chicken hat from now on forever and ever. What I don't know is the rest of my outfit and, believe it or not, I've actually had a few stress dreams on the subject now because I am a crazy person.

My next show is 6/27 in Chicago with TMBJon. I would like to have an outfit planned for that show before then, naturally, but I'm coming up short. I thought about just returning to You're Pitiful, but I misplaced my heart boxer shorts and they're difficult to find online for some reason! It's also a bit outdated, but it definitely stands out. I thought about a Smells Like Nirvana outfit because I'm getting really into Nirvana now, and I did one waaaayyy back when I was 13 for my third show I think, but that doesn't really POP unless you have the exact outfit down to a T and I just don't have the money for replicas. :wacko:

I DO have a Devo yellow jumpsuit thing. It might get kinda sweaty, though, and it makes a lot of sound when I move, and it's also kinda big. But it's currently my best option. pic!
I don't have goggles yet so I just put on spiraling shape glasses. :wacko:

I also found a purple shirt that looked like Al's at Savers, so I have a Modern!Al outfit, but it doesn't exactly "stand out" or anything. pic!

Aaaaand after all that, I realize that I forgot to wear the chicken hat with the outfits. :lol: He's actually just laying there on the table somewhere.

I've thought about making a "sexy" Weird Al outfit based on that one Halloween Playboy article, buuuut I wouldn't even know where to begin with that so it might just be best to never start. :P

I've also wanted to do the outfit from the TWAS episode "Bad Influence" for a while, but that requires brown arms, a missing eyebrow, and bunny ears. Might not be the best fit!

Please give me ideas! I will consider every one of them! I've got at least 9 more shows this tour, so that means 9 more outfits!! :wacko: What Weird Al costume stands out, would be immediately recognized, and goes with a chicken hat?? I will continue my research and let you know if I come up with anything else as well. After seeing Dave's eBay cosplay, I'm thinking about maybe going a little deeper too. :ph34r: Like a Surgeon could be fun.

HELP
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

The octopus would definitely stand out :lol: (you wouldn't need an icecream because you'd change it with a chicken). If you're going for something cheap and easy to find in a normal store, "Handy" seems like a good choice :)
remmy
Regular

Post by remmy »

Haha I relate! I had been seriously considering cosplaying as one of the Foil backup singers for my show in August, except I realized I really didn't want to wear a big bouffant wig all night. But without that, I'd basically just be wearing a silver lycra club dress and gloves to a Weird Al concert and... yeah, no.

I really like your Devo jumpsuit and would vote for that based on looks alone, because it's awesome! But since it's noisy and possibly sweaty, I don't blame you for not being too keen on it.

Some easily replicable choices would be Canadian Idiot or Wanna B Ur Lovr, but Loudmouth Golf is kinda pricey.

You could go the Mandatory Fun route and dress up in some sort of a military/propaganda outfit.

Umm that's all I can think of off the top of my head. But I'm still pondering this subject for myself, so I'll come back to this thread if I have any new ideas. :gaga:
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Buy a yellow morphsuit! They are very lightweight and breathable, and when it comes, you can glue/iron on the DTBS Logo! That way, you don't have to wear your heavy jumpsuit! I, for one, am wearing one of his more iconic hawaiian shirts to my show!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

yankochick38 wrote:I DO have a Devo yellow jumpsuit thing. It might get kinda sweaty, though, and it makes a lot of sound when I move, and it's also kinda big. But it's currently my best option. pic!
I was gonna ask why all the posters on your wall are printed backwards, but then I realized you probably took the picture in a mirror. :imstupid:

I did "eBay" in Lancaster. It was pretty easy, as I just gathered things I had around the house -- a used pink bathrobe, a rare mint snow globe, bubble wrap, some beanie babies new with tag, a Pez disspenser, and a Kleenex used by Dr. Dre.

I don't usually dress up, though I'm getting more comfortable with it now. I dressed up for a show once as "Smells Like Nirvana" complete with two cheerleaders (one who later became my wife, and the other who later became my sister-in-law). I also did a character from the "Amish Paradise" video (the guy wearing the blue checkered shirt over the yellow "I <3 Amish" t-shirt) once but it might have been too obscure because no one knew who I was. I did a military theme for the last show in Las Vegas. I think that's it though. I want to do "Amish Paradise" if I can track down a black hat and black vest like Al wears. I would totally shave my mustache and bring out Al's Amish glasses for that! :amish:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Man, I do NOT envy Alicia right now! Seriously, I'm glad I can only afford to go to one show on this tour so I don't have the need or motivation to come up with more than one more AL themed costume to wear for no one.

That being said, I think I'll go to the 8/23 early show wearing one of the cheap imitation Ed Hardy shirts I wore going as Stefon from SNL on Halloween with an open Hawaiian shirt over it. I mulled over the possibility of wearing a foil hat but decided against it.Good luck figuring out which Two songs inspired those costume choices by the way!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Killingsworth wrote:That being said, I think I'll go to the 8/23 early show wearing one of the cheap imitation Ed Hardy shirts I wore going as Stefon from SNL on Halloween with an open Hawaiian shirt over it.
I was expecting you to end this sentence with "fluorescent orange pants" :lol:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:I don't have the need or motivation to come up with more than one more AL themed costume to wear for no one.
What a shitty thing to say! :wordcrimes:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

I forgot about this thread over time. I commissioned a 3D Print of the W&N pendant used during Alpocalypse Tour. Took creative license and went for a pair of glasses and Straight Outta Lynwood style goatee. Wore the outfit at Anime Boston and I was hoping it would get a better response but it got next to no photo requests or even comments. Perhaps it's because it leans more towards a normal outfit in terms of 'closet cosplay.' After all, the White and Nerdy hoodie is a merch item.

I can't find the pendant right now and I almost wore it at the Foxwoods show. Maybe I will for the Zeiterion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

Elvis wrote:I did "eBay" in Lancaster. It was pretty easy, as I just gathered things I had around the house -- a used pink bathrobe, a rare mint snow globe, bubble wrap, some beanie babies new with tag, a Pez disspenser, and a Kleenex used by Dr. Dre.
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!