UHF: The Director's Cut

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

TheLazenby
Addicted

UHF: The Director's Cut

Post by TheLazenby »

Now, don't get TOO excited - this doesn't exist. YET.

I've been putting consideration into the possibly of *maybe* putting together an extended version of UHF, using the DVD deleted scenes. Now, you might be saying to yourself, "But doesn't Al talk over/otherwise spoil most of those scenes?" Yes. And I want to incorporate that.

When the film comes to the first new scene - namely, Teri telling George about his potential - the film will freeze (complete with "PAUSE" and static overlay) and cut to his "Hi. Al here." introduction. In this way, viewers will be keyed into the fact that Al himself is hosting the newly-added footage; and while I won't always use his introductions to the scenes, if he talks over new footage or fast-forwards through it, it won't seem out of the ordinary. It will seem more like "Oh, here's a new scene - BLAH BLAH BLAH, how boring - back to the movie!"

Believe me - I would LOVE to see a workprint of UHF with the 'hours and hours' of footage Al didn't want to show us, but you know.... there's about as much chance of seeing that as TMBG showing anyone the "Rabid Child" video, so....
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: UHF: The Director's Cut

Post by Killingsworth »

This sounds like something I'd actually care to see.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...