Fan Art

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Well, its not exactly "Weird Al" fan art, but it is his guitar player

Jim West everybody!!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb26 ... tCUJPG.jpg

I think I'm gonna draw the whole band like this, then maybe mesh 'em together in photoshop....
Oh snap!
CheesyRatte
Addicted

Post by CheesyRatte »

That's nice! I wish I could do that sort of stuff.
*poke* YAY!
Rats live on no evil star!
*eats rat food* MINE!
~Holly~
polkafreak708
Obsessed

Post by polkafreak708 »

that's so cool ATY! How did you do that???
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Aww... thanks you guys ^_^

Well, I drew it with pencil, then I inked it, and uploaded it to photoshop, cleaned up the extra ink smudges, then inserted the words... fascinating isn't it :P
Oh snap!
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

That's awesome!!!

And I too got Rick Rolled...
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
polkafreak708
Obsessed

Post by polkafreak708 »

addictedtoyankovic @ Jul 18 2008, 09:49 PM wrote: Well, I drew it with pencil, then I inked it, and uploaded it to photoshop, cleaned up the extra ink smudges, then inserted the words... fascinating isn't it :P
what does Inked mean?

I've been trying to find out what it is....for a while...because I'm trying to mke pictures like that....
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Thanks!!!
I got Rick Rolled as well...<_<

Inking is using ink (wow!) to denote form and shadows and whatnot, its most often found in comic books.
You have an "inking pen" any pen that releases a good steady flow works well, and a brush with a can of ink (if this is unavailable, a good sharpie works pretty well too!!!) where the shadow would be bigger (on the side of the object opposite of the light) you make the line thicker, and as you get closer to the light, make it thinner. In that picture I used a technique called crosshatching where, instead of big black shadows, you put lotsa little evenly spaced lines, it a pain in the neck, but gives a different feel than simple black shapes... For the bigger shapes use your brush/marker, for the smaller spaces or crosshaching, use your pen (people with much more talent than I can ink only with a brush, this baffles me!)

Finish your drawing in pencil before inking it, you can always erase pencil, but if you mess up with a pen or brush, your basically dead, unless you have white out (it can get messy though, I warn you) or you can always delete lines in photoshop or some other image processing program.

If you have any questions, PM me, I'm not such a good inker, but I may be able to offer some advice!

If you ever do give it a try, be sure to post it!!! :)

*gets off soapbox*
Oh snap!
nerdforlife
Obsessed

Post by nerdforlife »

Awesome drawing, ATY! I love it :D
Hi. Name's Raquel.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Awesome drawing, ATY!

:Y
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
polkafreak708
Obsessed

Post by polkafreak708 »

addictedtoyankovic @ Jul 19 2008, 02:47 AM wrote: Thanks!!!
I got Rick Rolled as well...<_<

Inking is using ink (wow!) to denote form and shadows and whatnot, its most often found in comic books.
You have an "inking pen" any pen that releases a good steady flow works well, and a brush with a can of ink (if this is unavailable, a good sharpie works pretty well too!!!) where the shadow would be bigger (on the side of the object opposite of the light) you make the line thicker, and as you get closer to the light, make it thinner. In that picture I used a technique called crosshatching where, instead of big black shadows, you put lotsa little evenly spaced lines, it a pain in the neck, but gives a different feel than simple black shapes... For the bigger shapes use your brush/marker, for the smaller spaces or crosshaching, use your pen (people with much more talent than I can ink only with a brush, this baffles me!)

Finish your drawing in pencil before inking it, you can always erase pencil, but if you mess up with a pen or brush, your basically dead, unless you have white out (it can get messy though, I warn you) or you can always delete lines in photoshop or some other image processing program.

If you have any questions, PM me, I'm not such a good inker, but I may be able to offer some advice!

If you ever do give it a try, be sure to post it!!! :)

*gets off soapbox*
OOOOHHHH! thanks!!! :) I'll try to make one later!! :D