Album #15

Here you can show your graphics skills or any program made of Weird Al.

Moderator: Moderators

mrmeadows
Obsessed

Album #15

Post by mrmeadows »

Okay, I know we fans are not entitled to any new songs by Weird Al. He's given us 14 albums that will continue to give us joy for the remainder of our lives. But....what if his contract had called for just ONE more album? Well, we likely would have had a new release by *now*, with 5 brand new parodies, 6 originals and a polka. Still, for all we know we may never hear another new Weird Al song (much less an album) ever again, so all we can do at the moment is dream.

So let's dream! Put together an imaginary tracklist of what you think Album #15 might have been! Come up with 5 parody ideas (just the titles), and then get creative/silly with your ideas for his 6 originals.

Here's one I came up with. Caveat: I KNOW Al could do much better than this, but like I said...there's probably not going to be any more "traditional" ALbums in the near future, so we gotta come up with our own. For this one, I included a brief explanation of what the originals would be about, but for the parodies I only give the parody title + what it is a parody of. I'll let the reader's imagination do the rest. ;)

AL-BUM #15: "LEAVE ME ALONE"

TRACKLIST

1. Star Trek (parody of "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran)

2. If They Could Only See Me Now (Ramones/Sex Pistols style-parody about a perennial loser musing about how he wished all the people who used to pick on him growing up could see all the mundane "wins" in his adult life, such as being awarded Employee of the Month at Hardee's and winning $25 on a lottery scratcher ticket.)

3. Take Ibuprofen (parody of "Cake by the Ocean" by DNCE)

4. Vote for Me (Campaign song for a candidate whose proposals get progressively more ridiculous as the song goes on. Done in the style of "Hamilton")

5. Steam Something (parody of "Say Something" by Justin Timberlake)

6. Beer Flight (Tom Waits style-parody about a guy at a brewery tasting all kinds of different beers with unique--and often gross--flavors. This one is just for me, as I'm a Waits fan and enjoy a good microbrew...but I realize that Al would probably not do a song all about alcohol consumption. :P )

7. W.A.P. (Weird Al Polka)
---Featuring "W.A.P.", "This is America", "Havana", "Blinding Lights", "Bad Guy", "Shape of You", "ME!", "Hotline Bling", "Hello", "Harmony Hall", "Work", "No Tears Left to Cry", "Uptown Funk", "Chandelier", "Old Town Road"

8. Pandemic Lockdown Blues (because it seems like Al would have to do a humorous song about all the lame stuff one does to keep themselves occupied during lockdown. Done in the style of a blues song, obv.)

9. Hashtag #Bummer (parody of "Hot Girl Summer" by Megan Thee Stallion)

10. Next! (K-Pop style-parody about online dating, and all the bad dates the singer ends up having to endure. By end of song he finally finds someone he likes...but that person thinks *he's* a dud and never gets back to him.)

11. Fishing License (parody of "Driver's License" by Olivia Rodrigo)

12. Bottom of the 72nd ("epic" closing song in the vein of "Casey at the Bat" telling the story of the world's longest baseball game and all the crazy plays along the way, sung in style of Charlie Daniels' "Devil Went Down to Georgia" country storytelling song)
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Re: Album #15

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

mrmeadows wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am 7. W.A.P. (Weird Al Polka)
---Featuring "W.A.P.", "This is America", "Havana", "Blinding Lights", "Bad Guy", "Shape of You", "ME!", "Hotline Bling", "Hello", "Harmony Hall", "Work", "No Tears Left to Cry", "Uptown Funk", "Chandelier", "Old Town Road"
My thought on Weird Al Polka's closing lyrics:

I'm gonna take my horse to...
The old town road
The old town road
The old town road
I'm gonna ride... 'til I can't no more, hey!
dysequilibrium
Occasional

Post by dysequilibrium »

mrmeadows wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am
10. Next! (K-Pop style-parody about online dating, and all the bad dates the singer ends up having to endure. By end of song he finally finds someone he likes...but that person thinks *he's* a dud and never gets back to him.)
YES, I definitely think the 15th ALbum would have a K-Pop style-parody. I would looooove to see him even imitating the dancing in their videos lol. One can dream. Also, kinda bummed that we probably won't be hearing Bad Guy on the accordion :/
dysequilibrium
Occasional

Post by dysequilibrium »

I wish I were creative as you (or Al). My brain is coming up blank with more parody ideas.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

I'd love to see Al do a James Bond themed parody of Olivia Rodrigos' "Driver's License" called "Killing License" (or some other such variation of the phrase "License To Kill"). I mean, with "No Time To Die" having just come out it would actually be semi-topical and relevant!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

Stumbled here, sorry to bump an old thread, but there’s a lot of really good ideas you had!
My only comment is that I don’t think Driver’s License would make for good parody fodder. It is way too slow and dreary sounding, and I don’t think there’d be any room for Al to make anything that sounds interesting or funny with it. Not trying to hate on the song or anything, but it just.. probably only exists as it’s own thing.

I do miss looking forward to new Weird Al albums. I do feel more disconnected from current music trends without them XD
But then again, with how weird TikTok trends go, I don’t know how anyone keeps up with anything anymore.
Oh no, I’ve become an old man.
Silence will fall.
nitronine

Post by nitronine »

Great Ideas! I think WAP on the polka would be HYSTERICAL. I'm a huge fan of how he did "closer" on the alternative polka, and I feel like it'd be really funny in the same way
I'll be mellow when I'm dead!
Tokusou Sentai Blessranger
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tokusou Sentai Blessranger »

React to my idea!

The Not-So Main Event
The 15th studio album from "Weird Al" Yankovic

1. Never Want More Prank Mail Again - parody of "Never Gonna Not Dance Again" by P!nk
2. The Not-So Main Event - original, style parody of Phil Collins
3. Dance Monkey, But It's A Brass Monkey Parody - parody of "Dance Monkey" by Tones And I and "Brass Monkey" by Beastie Boys
4. New England vs. Carolina II - original, style parody of Run DMC
5. Bored - parody of "The Court" by Peter Gabriel
6. Dwarves Are Not Kids - original, style parody of Kenny Rogers
7. Breakfast Pizza - parody of "Lux Aeterna" by Metallica
8. Good Girls Wear A Neckbelt - original, style parody of ZZ Top
9. Connect The Polka Dots - medley of "24K Magic" by Bruno Mars, "Juice" by Lizzo, "all the good girls go to hell" by Billie Eilish, "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus, "My Head And My Heart" by Ava Max, "Me!" by Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie, "Unholy" by Sam Smith, "The Funeral" by YUNGBLUD, "Can-Can Polka", "Memories" by Maroon 5, "Enemy" by Imagine Dragons, "Overpass Graffiti" by Ed Sheeran, "Heat Waves" by Glass Animals, and "The Remains of The Polka" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
10. I Make Enemies For My Family - original, style parody of LL Cool J
11. Country Musician - parody of "Astronaut In The Ocean" by Masked Wolf
12. The End of The School Year - original, style parody of Dragonforce