Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by TMBJon »

"I'm Jon Katz, and I am reporting for duty!"

I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

IC14 – Nature Trail to Hell Victory

Casey, Joe, and Jon, welcome to the final and most important immunity challenge of the season. Win this challenge and you will not only guarantee yourself a spot at the final Tribal Council to plead your case to the jury, but you will also get to decide who you will face off against for the title of Sole Survivor.

In order to win this challenge, you'll have to know how your fellow Al fans think. I polled seven WOWAY members to get their opinions on a number of Al-related questions. There were two options for each question. For example:

Which "Al pun" album title is more clever? Alapalooza or Alpocalypse

Two voters said Alapalooza; the other five went for Alpocalypse.

In a moment, I'll post a link with one of the other questions from the survey. You'll click on which option you think the majority selected, and from there, you'll move on to another question and continue the process (there will be eight questions in all). Once you answer the eighth question, you'll arrive at a screen with a brief lyric from an Al song. Simply copy and paste that lyric into this Gameplay thread.

Here's the catch: if you answer even a single question incorrectly, you won't find the winning lyric. There are over 250 lyrics you might stumble upon, but only one that, when posted, will score you the victory. You must each wait at least two minutes between guesses. (I have my board clock set to the second, and because the stakes are so high, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be a hardass about this. If your first answer is posted at 5:04:08 and your next answer is at 5:06:07, it won't count, and your personal 2-minute waiting period will start over.) I'll do my best to point out if a lyric was posted too early, which will make it 'up for grabs' for the other players. Otherwise, I won't post until I see the correct lyric, so don't wait for me to confirm anything as incorrect. Please try to keep track of what has been posted already, because repeats don't exempt you from the 2-minute waiting period.

Every 30 minutes that goes by without the correct lyric being posted, I will reveal the answer to one of the eight questions in no particular order, which will effectively halve the options for you guys.

One last note: I'm pretty sure I went through every single link to make sure everything is in working order, but due to the nature of this challenge, it's possible that I missed something. If you come across a broken link at any point, don't worry about it. Just go back and start up a new path, because I can assure you that the path to the correct lyric works just fine.

Once the winner is declared, Tribal Council will be posted immediately, and the winner will have 15 minutes to cast their vote, deciding which player he will face off against in the final two, and which will become the final member of the jury.

If you have any questions, please ask now. Good luck!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

The "guesses" we have to wait between, are they guesses for the lyric, or guesses for the quiz answers?
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

One question: is there a universal way we can be sure we are synced with your board clock, or do we just have to guess/left to our own devices?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Big Spoon wrote:The "guesses" we have to wait between, are they guesses for the lyric, or guesses for the quiz answers?
The lyrics. The quiz answers will all be off-site, so you can stockpile a bunch of different answers and just post them all two minutes apart.
TMBJon wrote:One question: is there a universal way we can be sure we are synced with your board clock, or do we just have to guess/left to our own devices?
To get your board clock to display seconds, go to UCP -> Board preferences -> Edit global settings, and then select custom for "My Date Format" and enter "D M d, Y g:i:s a" in the box below.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Joe, I think the only thing we are posting is the final lyric. Another question: just clarifying, this is two minutes between our own guesses, not taking into account other players' guesses, right? In other words, I could post a guess three seconds after Joe or Casey?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Correct. Each person has their own separate waiting period.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

k, that's what I thought, I just wanted to double check.
And Peggy
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

anthontherun wrote:
Big Spoon wrote:The "guesses" we have to wait between, are they guesses for the lyric, or guesses for the quiz answers?
The lyrics. The quiz answers will all be off-site, so you can stockpile a bunch of different lyrics and just post them all two minutes apart.
Editing this for clarity.

We'll get started in a minute or so if there are no more questions.
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

All good.
And Peggy