Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by anthontherun »

TMBJon wrote:Barney | Going to a party | Monday | TI
Lily | Not feeling well | Tuesday | Taylor Swift
Marshall | Doesn't like Al | Wednesday | Lady Gaga
Robin | Banned from the venue | Friday | Miley Cyrus
Victoria | Working late | Thursday | B.O.B.
JON WINS IMMUNITY!!!

Congratulations! As always, you hold on to it, or you can give it to another player, give it up for a double vote at this Tribal Council, or exchange it for an advantage at the next challenge. What's your preference?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

:yay:
I will choose to keep the immunity for this Tribal Council.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

You got it!

Tribal Council 10

Welcome, Survivors, to Tribal Council. This is where you will answer for your actions and your contributions to the tribe. At Tribal Council, fire represents life on the island. When your fire's gone, so are you.

Each of you will send me a Private Message with the name of the person you want to vote out of the tribe. Please use their actual SCREENNAME, so that it will be easier to tally the votes. You can include a reason if you'd like, but you don't have to. Once you've cast your vote, you may not change it. If any Tribe Members fail to vote by 11 p.m. EDT Tuesday, April 3, their vote will count as an automatic vote against them. Once all the votes have been cast, I will tally and then read the votes.

Image AAmerah
Image Big Spoon
Image Killingsworth
Image Mystik Tomato
Image RyanHippFTW
Image the dingo
Image Wizzerkat

One of you will be the tenth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX and the third official member of our jury.

If you have the hidden immunity idol and you wish to play it this round, you must inform me via PM before the voting deadline. Remember that you may not play it on behalf of another player, and you may not give it to someone else during the voting period. If there are any questions about Tribal Council, ask them here, but remember to keep all Chit Chat in the Chit Chat thread.

As a reminder--if AAAmerah does not vote this round, it will be her third self-vote, and she will be removed from the game in addition to the person who is voted out.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #10 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
Mystik Tomato
Spoiler:
the dingo
Spoiler:
Killingsworth
Spoiler:
the dingo
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
Mystik Tomato
Spoiler:
That's two votes each for Ryan, dingo, and Mystik; one vote for Killingsworth. Last vote.
The tenth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX and the third member of our jury...

Spoiler:
the dingo

dingo, the tribe has spoken. Image

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread. Thank you so much for playing; I hope you had fun.

However, your role in this game is far from over. You are the third official member of the jury that will ultimately decide who will win Weird Al Survivor IX. Feel free to switch to the Jury avatar:

From this point on, the remaining players are NOT allowed to discuss the game with dingo, publicly or privately. dingo, please let me know if anyone attempts to contact you (and vice versa).

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!

PARTING WORDS
The remaining Jungle Cruise Guides got a brief reprieve at the last vote, but now Wizzerkat is the last Guide standing, against six former Minor Celebrities. Does that make her an easy next boot...or the most powerful person left in the game? To paraphrase Stanley Spadowski, I know a lot of you are probably waiting until the last minute to make a power play...well, this could be the last minute!

Tree Mail will be posted later tonight!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

You guys all suck and you're banned and I'm leaving the forum

:P

Seriously, my heart just wasn't in the game and I'm kinda shocked I lasted this long.

Though thanks for making it a split vote to protect my fragile ego :)

No hard feelings :peace:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'll be out of town for the next week, but Kevbo will take over the next challenge. He'll post it Thursday, April 5 at 9 PM EDT. This will be a non-live challenge.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Kevbo1987 »

My apologies, but the posting of tonight's challenge will be delayed. I am at the Indians home opener, which is in the 16th inning. I will post the challenge as soon as I get home. The challenge is not live, so you will have plenty of time to complete it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

IC11 – Six Degrees

Here's a classic challenge that dates all the way back to the first season of Weird Al Survivor. The rules are identical to Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon except, of course, you'll be trying to connect the 10 celebrities in the image below to Al using his many film and television appearances in six steps or fewer.

There are a few rules, however. If you utilize TV shows, every link in your chain must be on an episode-by-episode basis. So let's imagine that two of the celebrities are Jennifer Lopez and Heather Locklear for a second.
Al appeared on How I Met Your Mother, as did Jennifer Lopez
would not be a valid answer, because they do not appear on the same episode. If you add, say, Jason Segel in between, that would be a valid chain.
Al starred in UHF with Victoria Jackson, who was a cast member of Saturday Night Live, which was hosted by Heather Locklear
would not be a valid answer, because Heather Locklear hosted after Victoria Jackson had left the show. If you add, say, Mike Myers in between Victoria and Heather (because he was a cast member during and after Victoria's tenure, including the episode Heather hosted), that would be a valid chain.

Every link in your chain must be for a live-action, visual, scripted work of art. Music videos work; songs alone do not. Cameos in movies work; a song appearing on a soundtrack does not. Guest appearances on sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother work; guest appearances on cartoons like The Simpsons do not. Talk shows, award shows, documentaries, shows of the VH1 "I Love the…" variety, etc. are off-limits as well. Personal relationships (X dated Y; Al appeared in a video with Z's dad; etc.) will not count either. You may use behind-the-scenes figures in your chains.

I will make the final call as to whether a chain is valid. Please make sure your chain is written clearly and that you list the project along with the celebrities. Your score for each celebrity is the number of links in your chain--you may use no more than six per celebrity, and you must have at least one link in between Al and the goal celebrity. The person with the lowest overall score (the fewest links) will win immunity. If you fail to provide a valid link for a celebrity, you will automatically receive ten points for that chain. Feel free to work together, but remember: only one person can win immunity.

The celebrities are pictured alphabetically by last name, left to right. If you're absolutely stumped by a celebrity, you can get help from another player, or you can ask me to give you the name of as many celebrities as you need. Be warned, however, that each celebrity who you are officially assisted on will result in one extra point being added to the chain for that celebrity when your score is tallied.

After the results are announced, if there is a tie, the players involved will submit a "celebrity stumper" to Kevbo. The other player(s) will attempt to connect this celebrity to Al in as few links as possible. Whoever does so in the fewest links will win immunity. If there is still a tie, I will post (at an agreed-upon time by all players involved) a chain that connects Al to another celebrity that contains one error. The first person to post what that error is will win immunity. All submissions must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT Sunday, April 8.

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

OK folks, here's what we're gonna do. I'm going to put us in kind of a holding pattern until I can confer with Anth about this challenge. In full disclosure, he wrote the instructions to this challenge, and I want to check with him to make sure things are being done properly. I'm sorry to do this to you guys, and I really hate to delay the game at all. At the same time, I want to make sure that everything is being done in the fairest way possible.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Alright, so as I understand it, the main confusion here with the scoring is in regards to direct links (e.g. Michael Richards was in UHF with Al). The instructions forbid these, although Kevbo approved them in an example. I'm not sure how many people submitted chains like this, but in the interest of fairness, since some people may have purposely avoided them--you can re-submit your answers with direct links if you wish.

So if you had submitted Michael Richards was in So I Married an Axe Murderer with Mike Myers, who was on SNL with Victoria Jackson, who was in UHF with Al, now's your chance to chop out those two middle chains. This is the only type of change you can make to your submission. All other answers will be counted as previously submitted to Kevbo. You can submit your direct links to him by Wednesday, April 11 at 5 PM EDT. Sorry for the confusion! Good luck!