Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread - WINNER REVEALED!

All very very very very very old posts are here.

Moderator: Moderators

Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re: Weird Al Survivor IX - Gameplay Thread

Post by Killingsworth »

1. Right after Elvis got voted off the island, I made a conscious decision to alter my strategy a bit. So far, I can't begin predict how dingo's immunity might effect the remainder of the game.

2. Well, since Elvis had to call him out by name, I might as well do it too. The only player I could possibly see as even remotely a "threat" would be TMBJon.

3. Hey, I'm sure these people had their reasons for not contributing. Maybe they just forgot or maybe they had other things going on IRL that kept them from participating. I would say that's understandable, but in terms of the game I don't really care what happens to them. If they don't contribute, then the outcome should reflect that.

4. Hey, so far the most consistent part of my strategy has been to just keep track of all the challenges, try to give 100% in all of them and meet all the deadlines. The only part of that strategy that doesn't really apply that much anymore is working well with teammates, but that all has at least gotten me this far and I will have to accept that it will get me as far as it just gets me.

5. Well, I think I might have pulled a fast one on Elvis which led to him getting voted out before he had the chance to do that to me so...yeah, let's just say I shudder at the very thought of being on the same jury as him and any future attempts to "step up my game" would hopefully reflect that. I don't think it would be wise to post details about that here, but let's just say on the off chance that he happens to be reading this I'm sure he knows exactly what I'm talking about. At any rate, after seeing how this last challenge went down I would advise Elvis to just start biding his sweet time until it gets down to the final two and quit hanging out in the parking lot, if you know what I'm saying.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I will keep my immunity
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

the Dingo wrote:Minnick is lined up to take her place....which sure adds more fun to this game come jury time ;)
Thats right people who voted me out, Im watching you!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Yep, anyone who is removed because of multiple self-votes will not have a spot on the jury. I can't officially say minnick gets the slot just in case the same thing happens with anyone else at some point (in which case we would just have a 7-member jury), but yep, Mike will most likely take over. :Y

Alright guys--dingo is keeping immunity. Send in your votes by tomorrow at 9 PM EDT!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

1. Ironically for Dingo, his getting immunity in this challenge does not affect who I was planning to vote for in this round.
2. All of them are threatening in their own unique way.
3. I think it adds an interesting element that you can deliberately choose to not participate as a strategy. As long as they are voting, I don't see any downside.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

30 minutes left to get those votes in!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

TRIBAL COUNCIL #9 RESULTS

Once the votes are read, the decision is final. The person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. That person will also relinquish their Survivor avatar and return to their normal avatar as soon as possible.

A reminder: Please don't take it too personally if you are voted out. No vote for any individual should be taken as an assault on or insult to them as a person or as a member of this forum. Remember, we are all still friends here in WOWAY. But remember too -- this is a GAME, and it is a game in which players must do what they must strategically in order to win!

Of course, before I read the votes, I must unfortunately announce that WeirdMary0427 self-voted for a third time this round and will be removed from the game. There were several self-voters this round, and in fact, it actually cost one player the game. Please amp up the participation, guys! Not competing in the challenges is one thing, because as Jon pointed out, it can be a legitimate strategy. Not voting is never a good thing, though. This wasn't really a big issue before the merge but for some reason it seems to be taking over the last few rounds.

I'll read the votes.

(Highlight the quote boxes to read the individual votes. Read one at a time for dramatic effect!)
Spoiler:
AAAmerah
Spoiler:
Mystik Tomato
Spoiler:
MissyMoo38
Spoiler:
RyanHippFTW
Spoiler:
Killingsworth
Spoiler:
MissyMoo38
Spoiler:
Mystik Tomato
Spoiler:
AAAmerah
Spoiler:
That's two votes each for Alicia, Amerah and Chris; one vote for Casey and Ryan. Last vote...
The ninth person voted out of Weird Al Survivor IX and the second member of our jury...

Spoiler:
MissyMoo38

MissyMoo38, the tribe has spoken. Image

It's time for you to go.
Please feel free to say some final words or leave a goodbye message in this thread. Thank you so much for playing; I hope you had fun.

However, your role in this game is far from over. You are the second official member of the jury that will ultimately decide who will win Weird Al Survivor IX. Feel free to switch to the Jury avatar:

From this point on, the remaining players are NOT allowed to discuss the game with Alicia, publicly or privately. Alicia, please let me know if anyone attempts to contact you (and vice versa).

The rest of you Survivors, remember to keep the chit chat in the other thread!

PARTING WORDS
As I said above, self-votes are becoming a big problem in this game--had Alicia cast a vote tonight, she would have been safe. This is Amerah's second self-vote in a row, which makes her vulnerable to leave next time if she does not vote. I want to genuinely thank everyone who is making the effort in challenges and voting--I really appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to watching you guys battle it out.

Tree Mail will be posted in a moment!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This challenge will take place tomorrow, Monday, April 2 at 10:30 PM EDT. This will be a live challenge, and it should take less than 20 minutes.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

IC10 – This Concert is Going to Be Legen-wait for it...

A few months ago, Al made a cameo on How I Met Your Mother, in which we learned that the idea for "Like a Surgeon" actually came from the mind of Ted Mosby, not Madonna (an urban legend that Al has spread for years). In that same episode, Ted struggled to find someone who would go to an Al concert with him.

Alas, as often happens on How I Met Your Mother, history is repeating itself for poor Ted. He's got two tickets for an upcoming show, but once again, none of his friends are willing to go. Everybody has a unique excuse, which they let him know on different days. On the plus side, each also names an artist that they promise he or she would go see with Ted if the opportunity arises.

In a few moments, I'll post a logic puzzle grid and clues that will help you determine which friend said which excuse, when they let Ted know, and who they would like to see in concert. The first person to correctly solve every aspect of the puzzle and posts it in the correct format (see code box below) will win immunity.

Code: Select all

Barney | Excuse | Day | Artist
Lily | Excuse | Day | Artist
Marshall | Excuse | Day | Artist
Robin | Excuse | Day | Artist
Victoria | Excuse | Day | Artist
If there are any questions, please ask. Otherwise, we'll get started!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

As someone who's only seen HIMYM a handful of times, how much knowledge is required about the show for this (if any)?
And Peggy