The Inspiration

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

alberta1 @ Jan 22 2004, 08:28 PM wrote: I think they are nothing more than pick up lines. You hear so many dodgy ones i think al just wanted to put them all together for a tune. Doesnt need to be inspired by someone as he is just one big inspiration
Ok when the pick-up lines where first written, they where intended to be infatuation. FORGET WBUL altogether. "Let my lava flow all over you" is a bad example of infatuation, but all that line cares about is getting my pleasure. I don't care about the person, just getting my pleasure. THAT'S INFATUATION!!!!!!!

Forget it. You guys are hopeless....
In hiding since 2010
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Genius in Maine @ Jan 22 2004, 11:23 PM wrote:
Bruce the Duck @ Jan 23 2004, 05:17 AM wrote: I agree with alberta.  WBUL is to pick up lines as DTBS is to idioms, Bob is to palindromes, and Syndicated Inc. is to .....names of television shows.
I would replace Syndicated Inc. with Couch Potato, which names TV shows better.
I know. That last part was just a little joke about Syndicated Inc., the song that is nothing more than a list of TV shows. No jokes.

Syndicated Inc. is the only released song by Al that I really don't like at all, by the way. <_<
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

Forgetting about WBUL for a minute (sorry al sorry al) when i think of pick up lines i do think its just guys who want "something" (and you all know what that something is) from a girl. Or vice versa of course. Yes they are infactuated with the person but unless they are drunk I doubt these lines would really be used.

The only time i really hear them is when we are joking about them.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

alberta1 @ Jan 22 2004, 11:42 PM wrote: when i think of pick up lines i do think its just guys who want "something" (and you all know what that something is)
Cartman: Ham?

Kyle: No, not ham, fat boy!

Cartman: Screw you! It is ham, isn't it, Alberta?
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

alberta1 @ Jan 23 2004, 02:42 PM wrote: Forgetting about WBUL for a minute (sorry al sorry al) when i think of pick up lines i do think its just guys who want "something" (and you all know what that something is) from a girl. Or vice versa of course.
Actually, no.

Girl you smell like fritos
So...Image...yeah. It's something most of us would like to not think about.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Infatuation says to me that the guy has at least some knowledge of the person he's infatuated with. WBUL guy doesn't know, doesn't care.

The song is more about narcissism, and to a lesser degree about lust.

The amazing part to me is that Al manages to make it sleazy, smarmy and genuinely funny and sexy all at the same time.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Exactly! Very well put, Bobbi!

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

I think we can end this debate now with that conclusion. Thank you bobbi.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

wow everyone very harsh :( sorry for waisting my finger muscles :( Just kidding, I don't really care. I think so and that is all that matters unless Al himself comes up to me and says that it isn't I keep on believeing :biggrin: so ha :P
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

scottidog @ Jan 23 2004, 01:08 AM wrote: Infatuation says to me that the guy has at least some knowledge of the person he's infatuated with. WBUL guy doesn't know, doesn't care.

The song is more about narcissism, and to a lesser degree about lust.

The amazing part to me is that Al manages to make it sleazy, smarmy and genuinely funny and sexy all at the same time.
That's kinda what I said only Bobbi worded it much better. She's good for that though. I'm only a stupid hippie anyway! :P

Stupidhippie
:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee