The Inspiration

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

I for one think that Suzanne is the inspiration for Wanna B UR luver. What do you think?
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I doubt it for two reasons:

1) He already is her lover. ;)

2) Al typically doesn't draw love songs from his real life, with the notable exception of OMM. The love songs are just warped, exaggerated versions of the love songs that overpopulate the music scene.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I dont think so either. Dident Al say it wasnt inspired by his wife. I think its a song about bad pick up lines.
Al team # 2836
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Believe it or not, it was inspired by Nina.

In the Washington Post interview, he said that because he had a baby, people might think he wouldn't be edgy. WBUL is disproving them.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

I don't know, but I could see Al playin' with Suzanne like that. You know walkin' into the kithen and saying somethin crazy like anyone of those lines you here in the song. I know it's also pretty much making fun of the dumb pick up lines you here. I went out with a friend of mine shortly after Poodle Hat came out and I played that song for her. I said "Now listen and tell me that is not the kind of crap we hear all night." :P It's funny as a monkey wearin a tutu when Al is singing it. It's irritating when it happens in real life. It's also irritating when you tell them your happily married and they yell at you like you lead them on or something. <_< Drunk Punk Monkies. I digress. He's probably just making fun of all the "Drunk Punk Monkies" who think they look as good as AL! :D

Stupidhippie
:stupid:
Attention Michiana Al fans. I will be on Fox 28 Morning show on October 12th 8:00 hour. Wheeeee
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I voted maybe, because I can see them as one of those couples, and Al's just the kind of lug who could actually get away with saying that stuf.

Ahhhh....love :inlove:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

anthontherun @ Jan 20 2004, 11:48 AM wrote: Believe it or not, it was inspired by Nina.

In the Washington Post interview, he said that because he had a baby, people might think he wouldn't be edgy. WBUL is disproving them.
I haven't seen the quote, maybe it was just a convenient thing to say, but it can't be true - the song was written and recorded well before Al knew a baby was even on the way.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Oh. Oops. :blush:
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

I remember that quote Bermuda. I think it's somewhere deep inside the WAY Internet Surfing topic (I remember seeing it in the summer).

Since we now know Al was kidding about the song being inspired by Nina, it only leaves Suzanne or Al's own twisted imagination as inspiration. I'll have to go with his imagination on this one. And like Bruce said, Al is rarely inspired by his own personal events, but rather by pop culture.

Wouldn't this be great for VH-1's True Spin, where they find out the inspiration behind many popular songs. WBUL may actually be a good one to research.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I voted maybe...It's possible!