Old Al Or New Al

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Seva
Obsessed

Still - OLD Al or NEW Al?

Post by Seva »

OK, folks, now you must leave all things behind and answer one question, withou any doubts and opportunities - WHAT Al look do you like best - OLD look or a NEW look???

After a bunch of days I picked - OLD look. Let me explain. I love Al in every look he is, but the old one was the funniest. Many of my friends say so - now Al looks more serious, more ordinary than when he was with moustache and glasses. And I agree, that look was funny by itself...

But that's my opinion. What's yours?

SEVA.

P.S. I won't give an "all above"section - just need to know your opinion. And remember, you're voting for a LOOK, not for a MUSIC! (new music is always good).
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I like the old look better. He looks too much like a woman now.

Actually, I like his in between look best! You know the one in which he has a mustache and goatee, but no glasses. I wish he would have kept that look. It was cool.

No, it was not sexy. Just cool.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

New Al with a goatee. Cuz he does that sometimes- that's why Pentiums is one of my favorite videos- it looks SO COOL!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I like his new look, I really dident care for Al when he had the old look, I mean I liked his music I just dident like his look. His look now looks less like a nerd now he looks better :) and if you dident know him the way we do you wouldent know he was a nerd.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al does NOT look like a woman. :stern:

I love young Al pics. I think UHF era Al pics are adorable, but post-lasik pics are the best. And of the post lasik looks, the best is the goatee/'stache.

http://www.weirdal.com/thelook1.htm
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

"Old" Al will always have a special place in my heart. Made me proud to be a nerd.....or at least near-sighted. ;)

~Allison
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

While seeing somebody totally rock out while wearing glasses is inspirational, of course (ever thought what it must have been like for Al to film all those pre-Lasik videos where he didn't wear glasses, and hardly be able to see what was going on around him?) I've gotta go with Current Al.

Whatever he chooses to look like at present, that's how I'll appreciate him. Otherwise, it's kind of creepily Futurama-like: "Weird Al, frozen in the past for your enjoyment."
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I dont think Al looks like a woman ethier. I dont have anything against nerds. His old was fine for his movie UHF because I also liked the way he looked in some of the pics on the photo gallary.

Dont you think would look funny dressed like a woman? :)
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

I didn't know him pre-LASIK, so I guess it's the new look, MINUS the moustache/goatee.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

And I don't mind the New Look - minus the facial hair AND curls.

http://www.weirdal.com/images/galleryhead.gif

He kinda looks like Neo.

[MOD Edit: No direct linking to weirdal.com please.]