Interest Generator

Place your polls here! And if you know a nice Weird Al game, go play it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

It's shown on the Game Show Network, but it doesn't air on NBC anymore. I could tell you the rules, but I'm not sure on all the time limits and the money steps.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I don't remember the exact money steps. But it starts with eight people (or in the syndicated version, six) who each get to answer a question. If they get it right, it adds to the money chain. If you get it wrong, all the money that hasn't been banked yet is gone. To bank, you have to say "Bank" before the question is asked. I'm not sure how that will work here.

The time really doesn't matter for this, but maybe take an hour off for them to answer the question. (I.E., first round, 24 hours to answer the questions, round 2--23 hours, etc). After each round, you vote one person off. In the round with three people left, the points are doubled. After one more person is voted off, the final two face off for five questions (or three in the syndicated), and whoever has more correct answers wins. If there's a tie, it goes to Sudden Death, and every time the first person answers correctly, the second person has to or they lose. If the first person misses and the second is correct, they win.

Each round starts with the strongest link going first. My suggestion: a four-player game, with a varying amount of points. After a few rounds, there could be a winner edition. And maybe we could do an edition with some of the Survivor players from season 1... |)
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Here's a screen from the show:

To the left is the money chain which is at $5,000 and she could choose to bank it before the question starts. If she banks it goes down to the total money (the preexisting $5,000 in the gray) and if she doesn't bank she'll get more points for the next question but she also runs the risk of losing it all.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CurlyFries
Addicted

Post by CurlyFries »

I dunno if anyone mentioned this yet.. but..

When is WOWAY Aprentice gonna start?

Thats the game where Whizzi (Trump) hands out assignments to WOWAYers..

the prize: become a Mod
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Are you serious?

Cause if you are...DON'T LET DRIEW PLAY!!!
CurlyFries
Addicted

Post by CurlyFries »

Of course he can't play!

Are you crazy?

Who would let Driew play?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I would love to host that, but I don't know if people would get offended if I fired them. But if anyone wants to play, post here and I'll start a topic for it.

I like doing these WOWAY reality shows, but let's not get to the point of doing Big Brother :D
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

explain apprentise please? some on my friends watch it... but...

anyway, there is NO WAY that the winner will be a mod. NO WAY!!
CurlyFries
Addicted

Post by CurlyFries »

Well, do you know Donald Trump? Hes a billionaire in New York.. and the show was basically like a job interview.. it started with 2 teams.. men v. women.. they were given jobs.. whoever made more money won.. the losing team would go to the board room and some one would get fired.. but not by voting Donald Trump..or The Donald..or just Trump.. fires them.. Through out the game.. the temas change to keep it even.. then it came down to 2 people.. they were each put in charge of a huge event.. a jessica simpson concert.. and a big golf tournament.. the one that did the best job was hired and put in charge of Trump's next big project, a new building/hotel in Chicago. So therfore.. the prize should be Mod status.. but another prize could be substituted.
ccsyaoran
Obsessed

Post by ccsyaoran »

i agree that mod status would be a good idea, because it would be... like... moderating a forum. whoever was the fastest and most info giving mod would win. I VOLUNTEER!!